#180, SpeedHacks City, 06' SS, Take 2

speedhacks

I don’t have a pic yet, haven’t gotten to the point, but the plan is to mount it off the side of the break res.
Ooooooo okay! No worries. I ended up just doing the T route for the clutch fluid. Df supplied me 45' barbs as opposed to the 90's I've seen. Still should work great.

speedhacks

Got the hood and fenders painted today as well. I decide to just wrap the side panels. The single stage paint worked out incredibly well. I was impressed.

speedhacks

A lot more today! But man it is so easy to get discouraged because the weather is fantastic and not able to enjoy this awesome car.

Steering wheel parts in.
Drilled and tapped the mount for my gauges. I don't like where they are so I'll probably do that again.

Front brake lines are in and ready. Tightened up a few other things.

Started to mount the plate for the shifter cables. Something seems off. Bracket contacts the engine. I'll have to shave that off a bit. Also. The cables seem like they'll kind of be in the way of the mount. Not sure yet.

Started to mount up the rear brakes. (Solstice) with parking brake... Something off here. I need longer bolts.

speedhacks

To be completely transparent, this is likely because I purchased completely new wheel bearings and there's a small shim there that I did not reuse.
Don't quote me, but I think DF is including these spacers in newer kits.

speedhacks

Rear brakes on!!! I think this looks correct. Not a whole lot of photos out there.

The springs were slightly bent so in fixing that I ended up scratching up the paint on the rotors.

I tried working the shifter cables this past weekend. The bracket I have seems, odd, maybe incorrect?? The cables will probably bend underneath the rear mount, but something still doesn't feel right. Also, the bracket makes contact with the engine block. I can shave that or the bracket, or shim it.

speedhacks

Ahhhh. I don't have that rear bracket like yours. I might have to order that from DF. Although I have a friend with a welder and some metal

speedhacks

MAF arrow points toward throttle body I think. This nipple I believe goes to the valve cover (I'll probably just plug it)?

speedhacks

I got the wiring mostly done tonight. Need to solder up everything. Was just testing and verifying everything. Unfortunately my headlights are not working. Turn signals seem to work, low or high beam is a no. The dash shows nothing abnormal. No voltage on the low or high beam relays in the fuse box. Hmmm

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Most of the built in relays in my fuse box have failed. About the only one left was the low beam. Most of my lighting is is ran off of added fuse panels and relays. I replaced the fuse box this evening and will have to decide if I want to rewire to feed it off the factory fuse box.