1988 Nissan B12 Sentra sleeper build

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I normally wouldn't bring this up but seeing this is a Nissan build.

Have you seen what some are doing with the CD009 Nissan transmission. Supposedly a very strong transmission and substantially cheaper than Tremac stuff, at least on new ones. It does require cutting off the bellhousing and running an adapter.

Just something to think about if you haven't sourced your trans yet.

Goblinfanclub1234

I normally wouldn't bring this up but seeing this is a Nissan build.

Have you seen what some are doing with the CD009 Nissan transmission. Supposedly a very strong transmission and substantially cheaper than Tremac stuff, at least on new ones. It does require cutting off the bellhousing and running an adapter.

Just something to think about if you haven't sourced your trans yet.
yes I considered it for sure, I still might, I like how tiny the TKX is. I am using Holley Terminator X and they have a plug and play TKX wire harness that is looking very easy to install, I also like all of the shifter location adapters I will find the right one that allows me to re-use the old nissan center console for maximum sleeper effect.

side note....construction has begun on the rear cantilever suspension. Each one of the pivot plates is double layer 0.135" steel with 0.135" perf inserts welded in. I am just going to build this on my bench from my engineering drawings, fully assemble the rear, and lift it into place at ride height and connect the dots to the chassis. Already had it all mocked up and took all the measurements to make this drawing and did all the engineering to size components.

I am sleeving the top tubes holes to prevent crush from the (6) 5/8" grade 8 subframe bolts.

Last edited: