SOLD -- 2.2 L 5 speed IN plated and titled gob

Jamie

putting feelers out there. I have had some medical issues and back surgery that makes it hard for me to get in and out.

I have the title and my build thread is in the sig.

any question please ask.

143k original engine
new seals everywhere
timing chain and tensioners
new water pump
new clutch

new that needs to be installed:
new shifter design
steering rack limiter

View attachment 29170
I’m trying to get more familiar with DF goblins, the 2 things listed of what it needs like the “new shifter design” is that just a personal taste thing or is the shifter not working correctly right now? And the “steering rack limiter” could the new owner just not fully lock the wheel left and right, or does that mean something else?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
A lot of the stock shifters are worn out and then you add in a reverser and you can get some in-precise shifting.

the steering rack limiters keep wide tires from hitting the car sides when the steering is turned all the way.

Lokian

A lot of the stock shifters are worn out and then you add in a reverser and you can get some in-precise shifting.

the steering rack limiters keep wide tires from hitting the car sides when the steering is turned all the way.
correct. I upgraded to the ebay shifter with a new design done by some members. Im having issues shifting or reaching 1st. I have to take off in 1st because of an alignment issue I think I created after powdercoating the ebay shifter. Hence why I purchased the new shifter from DF, just havent had time to install.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
I’m trying to get more familiar with DF goblins, the 2 things listed of what it needs like the “new shifter design” is that just a personal taste thing or is the shifter not working correctly right now? And the “steering rack limiter” could the new owner just not fully lock the wheel left and right, or does that mean something else?
The steering rack does have a travel limit, and the limit allows more travel in a base model steering rack versus an SS steering rack. They're otherwise the same rack. It's more likely on a base model steering rack that you have enough steering travel that you can contact the wheel to the control arms. This is also dependent up on wheel width and offset. The rack limiters cut overall travel left/right to reduce or eliminate that risk.