2005 sc build. Knoxville TN.

Jay

Hey guys I need some help. I've been lurking and putting all yalls advice/knowledge to good use. A little back ground on my build. My donor has 156k but I stole the pos. I've recouped all but $1000. So I'm happy about that. She is a 2005 sc that still runs strong. (No leaks, no slipping, clean title, clean engine bay, completly stock, and I drove it 2 hours home). I've been pretty confident in everything I've done so far but this wiring harness is a lot to take in. The build videos are ok but I feel like I have a few extra connections that may or may not need to go. Any idea on the pics? Cut the wires or leave them? I made a rookie mistake and didn't tag all the connections when stripping.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
More connectors that I'm stuck on.
The two-wire connector with the Red/white and Black wires is for the accessory outlet (cigar lighter). You might keep that if you want to add an accessory outlet for charging your phone.

The last photo with the Brown and Black reminds me of the boost gauge connector, but I don't think it is.

This is why I kept all of the electrical items and did not throw them away until after I had the wiring done and the car built. I did have to refer back to those items a couple of times along the way. Also labeling the connectors helps, even when I thought I knew what a connector was, by the time I got back around to working on it I had already forgotten many of them.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Everything that is radio/amp related can go. This goes for any XM/Sirrus and also the OnStar.

The links to the full service manuals don't work anymore. There is one, but only for those that have military background and have a CAC.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Do you know what service manual this is? I'm guessing there are better ones available?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uA0lsfe3ULqbVCbH2_dfZZv0nYteqSgN
I do not. When the online Chilton manuals were available, I printed many of the pages of the electrical section. But because of the way the electrical is chopped up so much in the manual, I had to print each section as I needed it and it does not make for a complete and easy to use manual. The Chilton manual does show the connectors and has the wire and wire color information which makes it much easier to identify them, but you have to search all of the pages to find them.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Check your local library for access to the online Chilton manuals or their equivalent. Many libraries offer those kinds of resources; hell, it's where the access links we're pilfered from initially.

Jay

The two-wire connector with the Red/white and Black wires is for the accessory outlet (cigar lighter). You might keep that if you want to add an accessory outlet for charging your phone.

The last photo with the Brown and Black reminds me of the boost gauge connector, but I don't think it is.

This is why I kept all of the electrical items and did not throw them away until after I had the wiring done and the car built. I did have to refer back to those items a couple of times along the way. Also labeling the connectors helps, even when I thought I knew what a connector was, by the time I got back around to working on it I had already forgotten many of them.
Thanks for the info. I completely forgot about the accessory plugs. Two down and a few more to go.

Jay

Hey guys,
I need advice. The steering wheel had a few options I'd like to incorporate on my donor(cruise control mainly) it also had radio volume and seek. Any idea on the wiring? What controls what? The pic above is what I believe connected to the steering wheel ribbon which had ( cruise, acceleration, deceleration, as well as source, band, aux, cd,AM,FM) I'm not worried about the stereo function but I'd like to keep the cruise. Right now I believe the green, red and black wires are the ones to keep but I'd like some experienced input before I cut the others. Also see the below connection pic not needed? Thanks in advance guys. I'll post in depth buil pictures if assembly once I get my frame back from powder coating. I've rebuilt several motorcycles and 80's carb offroad beaters with no fear but these wires have me nervous. ****why am I scared of this build when all I need is air, spark, and fuel***** anyone have videos on how to thin out a sc harness? The base model video guide is only helpful if you're building an automatic LS. I see the manual transmission being my next nightmare. (I may have broken a neutral sensor/pressure switch on the clutch pedal) pic below and parts that fell off :)

Jay

Scratch that first photo. That was the brake sensor. Intact (no issue there.) Photo below is clutch. I need to reinstall the spring and clip to have proper movement. Is it necessary though? Can I take the sensor out all together? Or will it keep the transmission from going into neutral between shifts? (Sure wish there were build videos on manual donors) I've been known to rig some stuff up and I'd rather not test my luck on this build.

Jay

Looks like the piece/nut on the booster side works like a locking nut but I cant get it to move with a punch and a hammer. I dont want to brake to washer/locking plastic nut so I haven't applied a great th deal of force. Advice?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The PAC is junk for what you are doing. There are posts in here about hooking up cruise control. It can be done, we have it. I can’t link to them, it’s a pain to find them on my phone. If you can’t find them, I will later tonight.

The M/C just twist it a 1/4 turn it less. I believe counter clockwise. This will unlock it. Be very careful not to force the fluid port, it WILL break off.