2010 Black Fabric SS seat value

KSLunsfo

Hey guys, I'm on the fence about selling the seats from my donor and having trouble determining what they're worth. If they're worth enough to justify selling, then it helps my decision to just go straight for the Corbeau seats which I've been planning on in the long run anyway. I have a guy asking about them and says he's seen a gray set listed at $250, but I only want to put so much weight on that coming from the guy looking to buy them from me.

Has anyone sold or seen these particular seats sold and for how much?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I've seen them go for $400-$500 via Facebook Marketplace. My donor had the same seats, but one of them (driver-side) was bent a little from the impact that totaled the car, and I sold the seats as part of a package to a guy that was doing a "SS conversion" on his girlfriend's LT. Got $600 for all the seats, interior panels, downpipe, rear i-beam, and rear calipers.

Goblin Guru
Just searched and saw this. Should give you some hope. And all-black are usually more in-demand than colors.

seats.jpg

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Put them up on Facebook in the 'Cobalt SS Parts' and 'Cobalt Nation Buy / Sell / Trade' groups and they'll come in like zombies.

I sold my fronts with a pinhole tear on the driver side, rears, doors for $500 which is a great deal for them but I wanted them gone. List them for $500 and see how it goes.

KSLunsfo

I had a guy say he would give me $500 for the front and rears, after a couple hours (I was at work) I said I would do that, and I haven't heard back. I'm just starting to list things, but in the past I've had SO many instances where I respond to someone asking if I still have something or would I take $X and then I never hear back. It's like they just want to inquire for whatever reason, not really buy.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I've seen them go for $400-$500 via Facebook Marketplace. My donor had the same seats, but one of them (driver-side) was bent a little from the impact that totaled the car, and I sold the seats as part of a package to a guy that was doing a "SS conversion" on his girlfriend's LT. Got $600 for all the seats, interior panels, downpipe, rear i-beam, and rear calipers.
I think 300 is the going rate for front seats in my area (Carolinas) and have only had one bite at 420$, but he backed out. Multiple offers of 300 for both, though. I have mine listed at $500 for both fronts and have had multiple people complain about that, and I think I've actually helped other people sell their seats by them cross-listing comments for theirs selling them for $300.

I sold my rears for $150 but I'm shocked to have gotten that much. I guess all-in would be 400ish maybe.

Goblin Guru
Yeah I don't think you'd get $500 for just the front seats. Seeing as you got $150 for the rears, I'd probably let them go at $300 just to be rid of them, to be honest.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Yeah I don't think you'd get $500 for just the front seats. Seeing as you got $150 for the rears, I'd probably let them go at $300 just to be rid of them, to be honest.
It was mostly a "I don't have to sell them because I can reuse them" sort of thought process, but now that I've finally ordered my kit I'm more inclined to sell them for $300 than before.

KSLunsfo

It was mostly a "I don't have to sell them because I can reuse them" sort of thought process, but now that I've finally ordered my kit I'm more inclined to sell them for $300 than before.
I've been in a similar thought, I was originally planning to use them. However, as time goes on I've thought about going straight for the corbeaus.

I have mine listed at $500 for both fronts and have had multiple people complain about that, and I think I've actually helped other people sell their seats by them cross-listing comments for theirs selling them for $300.
I've experienced that as well, it surprises me how many "price police" those groups have. If it's priced too high JUST DON'T BUY IT.

KSLunsfo

Yes, that's what I've been thinking anyway. Seems to be the simplest route at this point, next would be matching up the mounting style with another seat and using the DF brackets. At least so far, I haven't been motivated to go through the fabrication process I've seen some others do.

Goblin Guru
That's probably easiest. I didn't want to spend $1k+ on seats so I went the cheap route ... I think it'll work out in the end, but it has taken some creativity to get the seats mounted up correctly. Certainly NOT the most trouble-free way to go about this.

KSLunsfo

I think it'll work out in the end, but it has taken some creativity to get the seats mounted up correctly. Certainly NOT the most trouble-free way to go about this.
I was just editing my post, I thought I recalled you doing some mounting work for the seats. I understand, 1k is a small chunk, part of why I had previously been planning to use the factory seats for a while and upgrade later. But I started thinking the cobalt seats will lose value at some point, so figured to sell while I can get at least something for them.

Goblin Guru
I'm waiting on a couple spacers to arrive from Amazon right now. Once I get those, I'm fairly confident that I'll be able to consider my seats mounted and finished. I'll update my build thread probably this weekend with details.