2020 Tail of the Dragon meet 24Oct

Wes

Who's going this year? The Ecotec Nation folks are booking rooms at Fontana Village, I believe you can get some discount. I am camping this year and the Fontana campground is closed so we'll be staying at Cheoah Point near Robbinsville.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
I'm trying to go this year pending accommodations.

Is there a link to sign-up so we know the schedule / costs etc?

This is what I've found so far:

Fri (10/23) we have a local dyno. Dyno is $40 for 2 pulls.

Sat (10/24) is the main cruise and hang out. Dinner with friends. Most years we have a group dinner but with covid pandemic, we just rather everyone be safe.

Sunday (10/25) is free for all.

Last edited:

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Just put a deposit down on a lodge room with 2 queen beds. I'll be getting there 10/23 so I can put the gob on the dyno. I asked her about parking as I'm trailering the gob and she said they have more than enough room to park the trailer.

They also said you can cancel at anytime with no fee.

Wes

Just put a deposit down on a lodge room with 2 queen beds. I'll be getting there 10/23 so I can put the gob on the dyno. I asked her about parking as I'm trailering the gob and she said they have more than enough room to park the trailer.

They also said you can cancel at anytime with no fee.
Yeah they are pretty accommodating for the trailers. When we stayed there 2 years ago, I was able to back my 24 foot enclosed into the lot below the pool and drop it the whole time we were there. Much closer that the lot down by the general store; I had my own garage just a short walk from our room!

I'm bummed that the campground is closed this year but will be camping out of the enclosed trailer at a state park not too far away.

Hope to see a bunch of new builds this year!

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Rode the tail several time on my Harley when I still had my Log Cabin in Rutherfordton, NC. Would love to do it when I get my Goblin finished. Nice place to stay is Two Rivers Lodge about 35 miles east of the Dragon. Another great place is the Iron Horse Motorcycle lodge in Stecoah. It's only about 15 miles from the Trail.

Last edited:

JPas914

Well, I was looking forward to going this year but thanks to some training I have to attend all of october and the effect it’ll have on me taking leave...i won’t be able to make it. But at least my Goblin is ready for the next midwest meet-up :D

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I always wanted to run the dragon on my Ducati, the goblin should be just as much fun. Well, it’s always more fun dragging a knee, but the goblin is fun too. :D

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
We are taking three of our goblins. Wes and OptimizePrime makes five.
I haven't heard but I'm pretty sure Justin Reed will have his Goblin there. That makes six.
Any other Goblins?