2021 Completed and Plated Goblin SOLD.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I am selling my completed, Plated project, 1700 and counting miles on the frame, I know I haven't had it long but this is kind of my MO and a couple other reasons,,, I have built a few other projects in my time and once the challenge of the built is over it gets sold. I do love driving the thing it is the funest thing I've driven on four wheels. I would love to keep driving it till it gets cold but then the buyer will not be able to enjoy it yet this year. And it will give me an earlier start on this winters project.

Extended Track frame with double door bars, Frame #250
2007 SS SC Donor
Newer Long block engine (Stripped and painted)
Engine harness thinned and re loomed (second O2 plug retained)
G85 LSD F35 trans ( ran it 500mi then flushed it with redline MT-90)
Cruise works
Everything in the drivetrain is new Hubs, Axles, seals, control arms, tie rods and ends, ect
Clutch system is completely new, OEM slave, clutch pipe, elbow, and master
Stage 2 clutch
New OEM flywheel and bolts
SS Brake lines
ZZP shorty header
Reclining seats with sliders
NRG CF wing
NRG quick release & steering wheel
Billet Shifter
DF button kit
Warn (glove box/bag)
Cosmis 17" wheels
Falken Azenis tires 275/40/17 rear and 255/40/17 front
DF intercooler vent kit
Oil catch can
Knee well cover (not currently on the car but included)
BBC rear coil overs
And much more.

Titled and plated in Indiana

$20,000 Firm

Update: All clutch issues have been solved, Price drop due to rear main seal is leaking and needs to be replaced. It will come with a new OEM I have ordered. I do not feel like pulling the engine out again due to back issues and time.

20210716_181212.jpg
20210716_181234.jpg
20210716_181930.jpg
20210627_193613 (1).jpg
20210627_193450.jpg

Last edited:

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Sorry folks this was a knee jerk reaction... I was beyond POd. The evening progressively got worse as the barley pop went down!

I do not give up that easy.... I was just super stressed after dropping the engine and trans, new throw out bearing, spaced to specs ect.

I've got another method I want to try yet that I got off the Cobalt forums and Lonny.

Thanks for all the support.. people have offered to make long drives to help fix the problem and that is much appreciated. I have not had the time to respond to everyone so if some how I missed someone thank you.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
That’s good to hear! I’ve been following your build while I wait for delivery and to see you get so close…. Well, I’m sure there are lots of us rooting for you to find that gremlin and get on the road.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
That’s good to hear! I’ve been following your build while I wait for delivery and to see you get so close…. Well, I’m sure there are lots of us rooting for you to find that gremlin and get on the road.
Its been on the road... I've got 610miles on it. Was averaging 150mi between clutch bleeds. It takes all the fun out of a drive if you are wondering IF you can make it home. Last real drive was 4th of July l, took the wife to town for bfast got to the edge of town and turned around... was able to make the 7mi trip back to out road and jam it into second to make it up the road, up the drive and into the shop... Not fun.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
Its been on the road... I've got 610miles on it. Was averaging 150mi between clutch bleeds. It takes all the fun out of a drive if you are wondering IF you can make it home. Last real drive was 4th of July l, took the wife to town for bfast got to the edge of town and turned around... was able to make the 7mi trip back to out road and jam it into second to make it up the road, up the drive and into the shop... Not fun.
Whoops…totally forgot it was on the road. I guess in my head I was still considering those miles as test runs.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
No worries. The weekend i got my plate I ran it 400 mi between sat an sun. Love it just don't like the unreliability of it.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
And a little perspective. Jeremy @Ark :D has like 55 pages on his build log with about 30 on nothing more than an electrical gremlin.
You will prevail!!!! :)
I had an elec gremlin that at one time I was ready to torch the whole car! Wouldn't start, no one on the forum to the rescue, Lonny calls, talks me off the ledge, solves the problem in less that 10 min! No ground on pin 59 on the blue ecu plug! Went to DF 4 days later to pick up C of O had a hard time not hugging they guy! But Ross was there so had to keep it manly!

AZmoto

Really glad to hear you're sticking with it! Too pretty of a car to not see it through. We've all been there. I've walked away from past project cars for 6 months at a time to regroup. I think you owe it to yourself to get it into its final working form.

At the end of the day this is supposed to be an enjoyable process. If a problem has you so frustrated that you want to give up then I say just take it to someone and pay to have them fix it.

Dale E

Okay, let's revisit this. First, Towerdog has offers to help in his pm box. Second, @AZmoto, good suggesting letting someone else in.

As I understand, after all Towerdog has done to fix the clutch issue, it has been successful for up to 100 miles?? His writing. So, something is causing the system to lose the fluid over time. When my slave cylinder went out on my StalkerV6, I couldn't drive it out of the storage shed compound. It was immediate.

Folks use aftermarket parts in everything. Those should not be what's causing the issue. OEM has planned obsolescence built into it!

Back in time: Towerdog posted pictures of his build. One was a machined pilot bearing for his clutch alignment tool. So, why? Did he not have a pilot bearing in the end of the engine crankshaft? Does it use one (I'm not a Goblin builder remember), but it should have a pilot bearing I would think. Hypothetical: without a pilot bearing the input shaft to the transmission will wobble about. This will cause premature wear on the input shaft bearing and the input shaft seal in the transmission. Equal, teardown and replace eventually. The seal will cause a leak of transmission oil/fluid -- not brake/clutch fluid.

He said after one cycling of working, there was some brake/clutch fluid drop. He stated the after market bearing was the culprit? What after market bearing? The input shaft bearing seal or the aftermarket slave cylinder, since he replaced that with an OEM one.? A wobbling input shaft would perhaps over time cause the clutch slave to become cocked enough to unseal the internal rubbers and introduce an air leak -- slow that goes. It would also cause the clutch slave to not seat centered on the fingers of the pressure plate springs. Misalignment perhaps would cause non fully detached clutch disc or slippage?

There was a picture of when he had it apart to replace the clutch slave. Is/was that a pressure plate bolt sticking out near the bottom of the blue plate? If it is a backed out bolt this perhaps would cause non fully clamping force on the clutch disc?

Folks have repeated vacuum/pressure bleeding to death to him. Old school technique too. It has been successful to begin, but perhaps an outside force has come into play after use, that negates that success? Without visual acuity on site we don't know..

Disclaimer: Everyone has given their best opinions and option here to help - and I applaud all the effort. Continue to help your fellow builders. God knows without it there would be multiple Goblins built but never started! It's comradery and support from family and community! Keep it up!

So, recap. He has fluid from the reservoir to the mater and fluid from the master to the clutch pipe attachment on the transmission through the pipe and slave and back up to the bleeder. Fluid perhaps is not the problem at all. Multiple bleedings have had results, albeit, short lived! He says the pedal stoke is the same as stock (we have no visual confirmation). Over a period of time there is a collapse of the system -- WHY?

I'm 12 hours away and willing to drive past about 6 other Goblin owners to help him. He has invested too many hours and time away from chores and family to let this defeat him in his journey.

Towerdog -- take a breath, walk away, take care of the acreage and family.

Just throwing something other than bleeding bleed talk at this for a moment.

PM's sent.

Dale

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
just a dumb thought, but at this point could you pressurize the line with air and listen for a leak? Or use soap on the connections to look for bubbles? I mean since you already have all that air in the lines, it couldn't hurt??....

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
just a dumb thought, but at this point could you pressurize the line with air and listen for a leak? Or use soap on the connections to look for bubbles? I mean since you already have all that air in the lines, it couldn't hurt??....
I think I've got it figured out... elbow was sucking air. Have it bled and have put 30 miles on it.... it is a learning curve having more than an inch of pedal travel...

Stanley Bryant

I am selling my freshly completed project, 610 miles on the frame, Has a clutch issue that I am tired of dealing with. Most likely a simple problem, Its sucking air from somewhere but I am tired of spending the only days that I am home screwing with it.

Extended Track frame with double door bars
2007 SS SC Donor
Newer Longblock engine
G85 LSD F35 trans (ran it 500mi then flushed it with redline MT-90)
Everything in the drivetrain is new Hubs, Axles, seals, control arms, tie rods and ends, ect
Clutch system is completely new, OEM slave, clutch pipe, elbow, and master
ZZP shorty header
Reclining seats with sliders
NRG CF wing
NRG quick release & steering wheel
Billet Shifter
Cosmis 17" wheels
Falken Azenis tires 275/40/17 rear and 255/40/17 front
DF intercooler vent kit
Knee well cover
Rear coil overs
And much more.

Titled and plated in Indiana

Price is firm, Just trying to recover what I have in it.

$20,000

View attachment 25462View attachment 25463View attachment 25464View attachment 25465View attachment 25466
Can you PM me let's work it out looking to get me a car