2nd O2 sensor?

ZacMaster

The videos say to cut out the second o2 sensor as a spare, so I removed the connector from my power train harness. Now I see my df exhaust muffler has a port for it (in addition to my stock header having a port. Should I reinstall the connector (if I have it?) or plug one of the ports (either on my muffler or my header?
image.jpg
image.jpg

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I highly recommend installing a wideband O2 if you ever plan to do modifications. If you don’t then plug it.

ManDan1957

The videos say to cut out the second o2 sensor as a spare, so I removed the connector from my power train harness. Now I see my df exhaust muffler has a port for it (in addition to my stock header having a port. Should I reinstall the connector (if I have it?) or plug one of the ports (either on my muffler or my header?
View attachment 8519View attachment 8520
My sensors have different connectors so using the other as a spare wouldn’t work. My question is does it matter which one gets cut out?

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
My sensors have different connectors so using the other as a spare wouldn’t work. My question is does it matter which one gets cut out?
Yes the first one stays. Basicly ECM reads rich or lean from it. Second one is to see how much fuel the catalytic converter burned off. The second one can be removed. They are two different sensors they can not be interchanged.