Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I have the early model brakes, so I used the photo album and asked about the coat hanger-shaped spring clip to ensure I installed it correctly.

The only other thing I found in all the posts I searched was Lonny's advice to use red thread locker on the angled fittings installed in the block.

I didn't try it without, but I know I don't have any leaks using the red thread locker.

edit: Here's the link to Lonny's advice.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Coat hanger piece installed on my 2007 SS early model brakes:

Reservoir relocation - bolt/washer on the outside and space between the block and pedal box IIRC:

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
The only other thing I found in all the posts I searched was Lonny's advice to use red thread locker on the angled fittings installed in the block.
I didn't try it without, but I know I don't have any leaks using the red thread locker.
Same here. Did the red Locktite as Lonnie recommend and had no leaks.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Yes, it is actually just a closed tube and is not attached to anything.

I don't think there is any reason to cut it off, it just doesn't get connected to anything and can be left as is.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Ok, I see some folks have clamps on the two lines running from the reservoir, to the master cylinder, and some don't. I plan on running clamps...safety first?
The only reason I added clamps was an attempt in vain to vacuum bleed the brakes. I was pulling air into the system from those barbs. They never leaked fluid, even when pressure bleeding the brakes. I don't think the clamps are necessary.

Pressure bleeding the brakes is the way to go.