5.75" Headlights under 100$ with Highs/Lows, DRLs, & Turn Signals

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I have finally finished my headlights, I ended up buying a metal housing from Amazon to go along with my cheap eBay headlights, but the included setting ring didn't even fit its own product so I successfully 3D printed a correctly sized one that works well. Figured some others may be interested.

I paid $98.46 shipped for everything below. Prices may vary slightly, though. I haggled with the eBay guy and got the lights cheaper and we have credit card cash back on online purchases. Without that it's like 110$ or so.

Headlights 2x @ eBay
Housing 2x @ Amazon
STL's -> 2x Attached

The bracket replaces the silver ring that comes with the housing, because it just doesn't fit. You get what you pay for I guess.

Attachments

Last edited:

jamesm

Goblin Guru
That's pretty slick. Thanks for sharing the part files.

Do you have any concerns with the PLA deforming when the light gets hot or when the car sits in the sun?

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Bump!

I updated my post to reflect the almost final product, you can get yourself a set of headlights with highs, lows, DRLs, and turn signals for under $100. Figured some of you may like that approach.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
It might be a little early for this but do you have any pictures of the headlights on the car? And/or comments on the light pattern. This is incredibly tempting. For visibility's sake I'd like to have some decent running lights but for aesthetics I prefer something that's not the actual headlight beam and this seems like the perfect solution. The pictures I've seen of the 7" diameter setups on a few other cars don't seem proportional to my eye.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
FWIW these headlights are a dime a dozen, they have multiple Youtube reviews (search 5.75" motorcycle headlight) and you'll be bound to find one with this layout. I have not turned them on yet, but I watched several reviews and they look like they'll do the job.

The bucket is probably the most frustrating thing, the wiring is a little off. It's missing one light (I needed to add an extra wire for either DRL or turn) and the one extra wire they give you is backwards, but it's easy to splice their rubber protector and swap it around. Overall for about 100 bucks I am pleased so far, especially for the potential bases covered in DRL/turns & highs/lows.

Update: I printed a base bracket (attached to first post) and a, printing a V2 for better fitment with my donor bolts. Fitment is very nice. Will try to get pictures up tomorrow.

Last edited:

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Still interested to see pictures of these headlights on the car if you got them mounted up?

Also it looks like half the listings on eBay for those headlights (including the ones you linked) have only the H4-esque connector for high/low beams and a single wire for the halo. How's the halo functionality with that setup? Others have two leads for drl/yellow turn signal which is what I think I would aim for if I go this route.

Thanks for your help and pioneering- I'd browsed JW Speaker's site for a while and not found a light with this functionality, and certainly not within my budget. I also have a bit of experience with eBay LEDs so I think I know what I'd be getting into with a setup like this.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Still interested to see pictures of these headlights on the car if you got them mounted up?

Also it looks like half the listings on eBay for those headlights (including the ones you linked) have only the H4-esque connector for high/low beams and a single wire for the halo. How's the halo functionality with that setup? Others have two leads for drl/yellow turn signal which is what I think I would aim for if I go this route.

Thanks for your help and pioneering- I'd browsed JW Speaker's site for a while and not found a light with this functionality, and certainly not within my budget. I also have a bit of experience with eBay LEDs so I think I know what I'd be getting into with a setup like this.
PM'd you

@Mayor West is in timeout repenting for his sins.