5 Point Harness Install

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Hey all, I'm looking for instructions on installing the 5 point racing harness. Its pretty straight forward to figure out how they all clip together. Then the bottom, left, and right mounts make sense as they are right where you would think they go. What about the should restraints? They too have little triangular brackets that need bolting down, but I cant wrap my head around where. there is a bolt hole about the right size just in front of the rear coolant tube entrance/exit. That would kind of make sense for the outer strap, but what about the inner? Am I just missing something obvious?

Thanks.

baustin

You can just wrap the shoulder straps around the tube frame behind the seats, you don't have to use the bolted bracket that came with the harness. Make sure to find instructions online, videos are the best, to make sure the straps are secured correctly. Last thing you'd want is for the seat belt to not be secure during a wreck.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Look here.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
That horizontal bar running behind the seats is often referred to as the "harness"bar".
Make sure you correctly follow the wrap method. It makes a difference in securing the strap. It also may be an inspection point on some safety inspections.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Wow! Its really safe to just have them strapped to the frame like that?
That's the safest way. Then you're not relying on hardware or welds when it matters most. There's a very specific way to do it but a quick google search should get you the diagram you need.