5x114.3 Bearing Hubs option

Fozda

Goblin Guru
It seems as though this has gone way off topic. To answer your original question, yes the 5x114.3 kit comes with everything you'd need to run that bolt pattern. However, for the size of wheels/tires and what you're doing with the car there's absolutely no reason to switch from the 4 lug pattern that you already have. Even if you were to switch to a 225 wide tire wheels are still readily available. Just go to Tire Rack or wherever you planned to order from and put in the box that you have a '95 Mazda Miata. They run the same bolt pattern but have better offsets than the Hondas and other front wheel drive cars for the most part. Just stay away from RPF1 wheels and you'll be set!

TheDon

Was thinking I would opt for the 5 114.3 hubs but not sure now just realized one of my donor cars came with 5x 114.3 adapters. So now I'm not sure looking to run a wide tire for some heavy auto xing probably a 15 in wheel, any thoughts

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
If you want to run a wide 15" wheel, stick with the 4x100 lug pattern of the base model cars. Just my thought based on race fitments for Miatas.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Was thinking I would opt for the 5 114.3 hubs but not sure now just realized one of my donor cars came with 5x 114.3 adapters. So now I'm not sure looking to run a wide tire for some heavy auto xing probably a 15 in wheel, any thoughts
Im running a 25mm/1" 5 110 to 5 114.3 for better wheel selection and to have wider wheels. Then all the rotors are direct replacements w/o having to get them drilled.

Dale E

Throwing this into the conversation:

According to Google search there are 880 car models that use the 5x114. The Chevy Captiva and City Van are supposed too. According to Autozone the Captiva one has three attachment bolts.

Would that hub work on a Goblin? 33 spline count? No need for an adapter?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Goblin front hubs have 4 bolt trapezoid bolt pattern, rear hubs have 3 bolt triangular pattern. Those patterns vary in dimension across GM and other manufacturers. The Captiva hubs may fit if the bolt pattern matches up. I looked at the Captiva hubs, but couldn't find definitive information about the bolt pattern dimensions.

Tinkles

Why should the Enkei RPF1 be avoided?
I have yet to see someone run them without needing a spacer.
My RPF1s have tons of clearance with my Brembo calipers. IIRC from the Cobalt guys the Brembo are the biggest clearance issue with aftermarket wheels for them. This is without a brake rotor. I'll gain atleast another 1/4" of clearance with a brake rotor installed.