5x114.3 Bearing Hubs

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Can anyone help me with understanding, is there any benefit in purchasing the “5x114.3 Bearing Hubs” from DFK to replace the stock 5 lug hubs of a 2007 SS?

Tinkles

There are ALOT more wheel options out there for 5x114.3 than the stock 5x110. That is basically it.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
If I were to search something like Tire Rack what would I specify the car I’m looking for 5x114.3 wheels?

Chubbs

In hindsight, this is one of the things I wish I would have done differently. I kept my stock 5x110 wheel pattern, and now it's kind of an issue. From what I am finding, there are only a small handful of wide wheels (9inch and up) in 5x110. Almost all of them are going to be between 7 and 8 inches wide, which restricts you to probably a 235 series tire.

If you want to run wider tires, I would strongly recommend going with the 5x114.3 pattern. There are hundreds, or maybe thousands of Wheels available that will fit your needs in that bolt pattern.

Chubbs

If I were to search something like Tire Rack what would I specify the car I’m looking for 5x114.3 wheels?

I think most mustangs are this size. I just put in a 2004 mustang cobra, and it appears to have 5x114.3 wheels.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I believe all Mustangs '94 and newer have 5x4.5 (114.3) and I know for sure that all SN95's (99-04 Mustangs) do. You need to make sure you get the correct offset/spacers for proper fitment.

snirtman

I think most mustangs are this size. I just put in a 2004 mustang cobra, and it appears to have 5x114.3 wheels.
5x114.3 is the metric equivalent to 5x4.5, which almost every car used back in the day, so you can search for that size too. Most modern Fords use the 5x114.3 wheels, not just Mustangs (my 2012 Fusion does and so does my 2014 Explorer). Just make sure you get the right offset.

snirtman

And how does one know what the correct offset is?

I found a lot of good info on Wheel-Size.com. Ross has lots of good info in his post above and others, and the website he uses, BigWheels.net seems pretty good. Also lots of good posts in the Tire and Wheel section on the forum. The correct offset will depend on several things like wheel width, spacers/adapters (if you're using any), and even appearance, and it may vary front to rear. In the front the steering geometry like Ackerman is affected by the offset. In the rear its mostly track width and strut clearance.

Last edited:

jcdman

Does DF still sell redrilled 5x114.3 hubs? I remember asking about getting 5x120 redrilled hubs to match my other car and they said they didn't offer that service anymore.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Is this animation showing stacking washers for a test fit or for final installation? Maybe to determine wheel spacer thickness, but the washers would all have to exactly the same thickness. A vernier caliper should be used to make the measurement to be exact.

RCK605

The website and Ross' linked post do the same thing. You can find the offset and back space for a stock Cobalt wheel online and you know that wheel fits. From there you can use the offset and back space of your new wheel to calculate spacer thickness to have the inside of the wheel in the same location as the stock wheel.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
What company did you get the spacers from?

This is the data I supplied to them:
  • HC to Car WC to Wheel
  • Studs: 12x1.5
  • Car Pattern: 5x110
  • Wheel Pattern: 5 by 114.3
  • Car Bore: 65.1
  • Wheel Bore: 73.1
  • Thickness: 32mm