This is the data I supplied to them:
  • HC to Car WC to Wheel
  • Studs: 12x1.5
  • Car Pattern: 5x110
  • Wheel Pattern: 5 by 114.3
  • Car Bore: 65.1
  • Wheel Bore: 73.1
  • Thickness: 32mm
Frank, May I ask what backspacing do your wheels have and what issue did spacers resolve? Would they have interfered with the coilovers?

Last edited:

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Any wider than 275/40 on the Vors 9”and I would been very close to rubbing on the rear coilover and would have had to add a spacer.

Mattc3366

Does anyone have pictures of the 5X114.3 hubs that DFK sales?

I would imagine they look like the stock hubs with the new lug pattern drilled in between the stock pattern. On another note. Has anyone built or have the capabilities of making a drilling guide for this application? Something as simple as a piece of flat stock steel with two holes for the lug studs with an 1/8 pilot in between

Jareth

Goblin Guru
When using stock hubs are there not cases where you have to grind down something on it? so was wondering what DFK's look like?

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Frank, May I ask what backspacing do your wheels have and what issue did spacers resolve? Would they have interfered with the coilovers?
I can't give you exact info until I return home (at a Navy Submarine Vet. reunion). I have 9" rims with 245's up front & 275's in the rear. I have NO clearance issues. I can add some pictures when I return home next week.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Does anyone have pictures of the 5X114.3 hubs that DFK sales?
I do not have pictures of the DF supplied one, but can take photos of the hubs I that I sent in for DF to re-drill if you still want to see them? They took my current hubs and added the new 5x114.5 spacing, both sets of holes are present. If I wanted to go back to the 5x110 spacing then I could do it.

I will note, my hubs were new units. I did not send in the old Cobalt units. The person I bought my donor from had a set he was planning to install and just hadn't yet.

Last edited:

Tinkles

I would imagine they look like the stock hubs with the new lug pattern drilled in between the stock pattern. On another note. Has anyone built or have the capabilities of making a drilling guide for this application? Something as simple as a piece of flat stock steel with two holes for the lug studs with an 1/8 pilot in between
A cheap 5x100 to 5x114 conversion spacer will work.

PHENDERSON

I also run 1 inch spacers for my 114.3 wheels. If at all possible get hub centric. You might need to put shorter bolts on your hubs depending on the thickness of the adapters and if your wheels have indentations on the back. Otherwise the bolts will hit the back of the wheels.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Or you can fire up the cutoff wheel. ;)

Corgithulhu

Just linking the tool I used:

I like it because it actually overlays the original and new options over each other so you get a better visual of stick-outage and suspension intrusion. Here's a snapshot of my results:

The inside is about half an inch further away, and the outside sticks a decent amount out further for that wide stance I wanted. I did have to compensate the camber up front and knock it down to more like 1 degree to 0.7 degrees, otherwise it was only riding on a thin patch during normal driving.

I kept the 5x110 hubs and bought 5x4.5 adapters on Amazon that were 25mm thick, so I just sized them as normal spacers. The tool above doesn't factor in wheel width, but as long as you stay within the width that the tire manufacturer recommends for the chosen tire size, you shouldn't have any issues since the wheel won't stick out past the tire, and the Goblin's suspension geometry won't intrude on that sort of thing. E.g., my wheel is 8 inches wide, within Falken's recommendation of 7.5 to 9 inches for the 245/45-17 RT615K+.

Here's how they fit IRL: