A few questions on ordering and preference

Hey guys,

I plan to purchase my Goblin towards the end of January and I have a few questions:

First, with the full cage setup, does that have the 2 support bars in the center of the roof halo? I've seen this in some of the pictures.
Second, what is the benefit of having the Extended Height windscreen? Is that normally paired with the extended length frame for taller people?
Third, is the wing mount hardware aluminum or steel?
Fourth, do you have a boost gauge mount for the SS digital display?
Fifth, for the rear coilovers, do the springs only come in black or will they match the front e.g. silver?
Sixth, do you have more info/pics for the Heat Exchanger Duct Kit?
Seventh, will the bumper on the AT Goblin work on the Original Goblin?
Last, I am 5'10" 175. I am going with Track frame, but was wondering if the extended length was worth it?

That is for now!

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Hey guys,

Last, I am 5'10" 175. I am going with Track frame, but was wondering if the extended length was worth it?

That is for now!
I have the standard length and am 5'10" I have my seat all the way back and its perfect. With the extended you could possibly move the seat up to the first position and store some items in the back it may be worth getting the extended but based on your size either will be fine.

Ross

Goblin Guru
1. The DF full cage doesn't come with the 2 bars normally, but you could ask, as they might have been a special order thing.
5. I ordered QA springs that matched my front springs. QA1 High Travel Coilover Springs 10" x 3" x 200lbs/inch from Summit.
Last. There isn't much storage room in the Goblin, so the extended is nice for storage behind the seats, plus it moves the 'meat weight' (driver & passenger) forward to help with weight balance. Up to you if that is worth the extra bucks, as you will fit fine without it. I am 5'10" and have to slide my thick SS seat up to reach the pedals in the extended frame. Racing seats are even thinner, giving more leg room.

bradr

Hey guys,

I plan to purchase my Goblin towards the end of January and I have a few questions:

First, with the full cage setup, does that have the 2 support bars in the center of the roof halo? I've seen this in some of the pictures.
Second, what is the benefit of having the Extended Height windscreen? Is that normally paired with the extended length frame for taller people?
Third, is the wing mount hardware aluminum or steel?
Fourth, do you have a boost gauge mount for the SS digital display?
Fifth, for the rear coilovers, do the springs only come in black or will they match the front e.g. silver?
Sixth, do you have more info/pics for the Heat Exchanger Duct Kit?
Seventh, will the bumper on the AT Goblin work on the Original Goblin?

That is for now!
  1. The two support bars are a custom part added by the builders.
  2. Unknown
  3. I believe mine was steel
  4. There is no mount for the RPD found in the 2010 models. I personally want to find a way to 3d print a new case so it can be mounted somewhere.
  5. Unknown
  6. There are many pictures on the forum, but it will take a bit of searching. Maybe someone else will chime in.
  7. You can purchase bumpers for the City version of the cars - I did.
  8. I chose extended length, I feel there is no downside.