A Peek Into DF Kit Car

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Good morning Goblin Family & Friends - Happy Tuesday!

A cool cloudy morning with storms predicted later today here in Red Oak

Whatever the weather is near you - I hope you make the most of your day & enjoy it!

Just a heads up - Monday is Memorial Day & our office will be closed ~ We'll be back open on Tuesday the 31st.

I checked in with Stewart Transport to see if they had a pick up date for the shipment we had ready on 5/20. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news - They are not expecting to be here until the week of June 13th. I am sorry, guys. We do what we can to get these to you as fast as possible - If anyone wants top change to a pick up please let me know asap & I can add Texas Sales Tax of 8.25% to your order & give you a pick up date at that time. Sadly, this tells me that Stewart will more than likely run late on these next few ready dates we have given them as our next ones have been penciled in at 6/1, 6/15, 6/17, 7/1, 7/11 & 7/15. As always, our welding schedule is fluid & can change at any moment, depending on what's going on here.

I've done quite a bit of research in trying to locate another transportation company that can handle our kits but the costs I've been given are ridiculous! For example - we ship a kit with Stewart to PA for $1300 - Another transport company who doesn't even have an in-trailer crane system quoted me $3200. WHAT!?!?!?!?!!!!!!

That's it for now....Have a great day y'all!

Metal Mech

Yep that PA delivery would be me.
I’m actually curious. Is that quote still relevant or is there a chance it will go up due to rising fuel costs?

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Fuel prices have made shipping prices sky rocket. I’m curious if that $3200 is quoted for shipping of just that kit, or if it included potential fuel savings by shipping multiple kits to the region like Stewart does.

Metal Mech

Fuel prices have made shipping prices sky rocket. I’m curious if that $3200 is quoted for shipping of just that kit, or if it included potential fuel savings by shipping multiple kits to the region like Stewart does.
Not all of it is fuel charges for the quotes.
DFG deals with Stewart Transportation directly as far as I can tell. When you start getting quotes for other trucks that you don’t have a deal set up with you also are paying g brokerage fees that are worked into the deliver cost.

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
The quote I received was for a kit to be included in a shipment w/ that transport company that would be going that way with other shipments in it that are not ours. When I work with Stewart for our regional shipments, your final mile delivery price is not effected if it is the only kit that goes in that shipment nor does it change if 6 of our kits all go at once. Stewart fills their trailers as much as possible, obviously so our kits are not the only things in them. I've seen F5 kits & aircraft kits in their trailers when they're here, pretty darn cool!

PaulPerger

The quote I received was for a kit to be included in a shipment w/ that transport company that would be going that way with other shipments in it that are not ours. When I work with Stewart for our regional shipments, your final mile delivery price is not effected if it is the only kit that goes in that shipment nor does it change if 6 of our kits all go at once. Stewart fills their trailers as much as possible, obviously so our kits are not the only things in them. I've seen F5 kits & aircraft kits in their trailers when they're here, pretty darn cool!
There were two Factory Five kits remaining on his truck when my kit was dropped off, and I was the fourth Goblin he delivered.

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Hey Goblin Family & Friends!

A quick post to let you know that we're working on our new phone system, please be patient until we get it all set up. Right now, if you call & I'm not able to answer, you'll go to my voicemail which we do not have access to at this moment but Adam is working on it & we hope to have it fixed as soon as possible. Please excuse the funky computer generated voice when you do get my voicemail - that greeting will be changed as soon as possible. It can be confusing when you call us & you get a greeting that says to leave a message for Kimberly Coker...Ha!

This new phone system will allow me to connect you directly with both Adam & Lonny's cell phones when they are not here in the office, which is a HUGE plus once those features are set up individually. I'm super excited about it & hope y'all are too!

Today is the 1st day of using it so we're working out the bugs!

Have a great afternoon...Call or email us if you need anything!

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Good afternoon Goblin Family & Friends!

Update on our new phone system: It's still not fully functioning as it should BUT at least now when you call, you'll hear a voice-mail greeting that says DF Kit Car instead of my name. Once this is fully up & running - it'll be AWESOME! For now, I can't even hear your voice-mails left for us but a shortened version of it gets emailed to our support email so I can try to help. Just like the voice-mail left while I was at lunch...A possible new Goblin Family member called & wanted to ask some questions about the Goblin kit. His voice-mail was over 30 seconds long according to the email but at least he left his name & # at the beginning so I knew who to call back. I promise - we'll get it up & running right away.

Today in Red Oak it's a beautiful sunny day with a nice breeze...No complaints...I hope the weather where ever you're at is just as nice if not nicer!

#419 on the rotisserie today

#422 is getting ready to hit the jig as soon as Ray gets back from lunch

Have a great day y'all!

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Good morning Goblin Family & Friends...Happy Friday from us here at DFKC

#422 on the jig & almost ready to move off onto the rotisserie...She'll be headed to Santa Ana CA on a future Stewart Transport shipment.

We are closed Monday in observation of Memorial Day..."As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them." ~John F. Kennedy

Have a great day y'all & a safe weekend.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
My only regret with my Goblin is, not having gone the double-door-bar route. Back when I ordered, it was still a custom option and not really seen around the forum yet. Oh well, I love my car!

Metal Mech

My only regret with my Goblin is, not having gone the double-door-bar route. Back when I ordered, it was still a custom option and not really seen around the forum yet. Oh well, I love my car!
I debated going double door instead of full but all the input I got was that full door was the safer and better option.

WarmPepsi

I debated going double door instead of full but all the input I got was that full door was the safer and better option.
I’d rather go triple door. Throw that middle bar in between the standard full door. Easily the most protection closest to the driver. I’ve hit stuff going sideways on track; it’s super cheap insurance.

Goblin Guru
Safer, sure ... but "better" is entirely subjective. I can get in and out of my car fine because of practice, but everyone else tends to struggle so it's a compromise I wish I would have made.

Metal Mech

Oh yeah it’s subjective. My choice was solely input and comments. So I’m hoping I don’t regret the choice later as well.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Safer, sure ... but "better" is entirely subjective. I can get in and out of my car fine because of practice, but everyone else tends to struggle so it's a compromise I wish I would have made.
Im a big dude and people are impressed how fast I can get in and out of mine with my helmet on. Lots of practice though. Looked like a calf trying to walk for the first time, when I first built the car. :D

Goblin Guru
Im a big dude and people are impressed how fast I can get in and out of mine with my helmet on. Lots of practice though. Looked like a calf trying to walk for the first time, when I first built the car. :D
Exactly ... I even broke a turn signal switch before admitting I needed a quick-disconnect steering wheel. Getting in and out with the standard wheel provided with the kit was very difficult!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Exactly ... I even broke a turn signal switch before admitting I needed a quick-disconnect steering wheel. Getting in and out with the standard wheel provided with the kit was very difficult!
It’s funny. When I know I won’t be around the car in a public place, I get out with the steering wheel still on, so others don’t realize it’s removable. When I go to get back in, I’ll remove it to make things easier.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
It’s funny. When I know I won’t be around the car in a public place, I get out with the steering wheel still on, so others don’t realize it’s removable. When I go to get back in, I’ll remove it to make things easier.
I remove it and carry it away with me. It's funny, because I always remember to take the wheel with me, but I sometimes forget to take the key out of the ignition switch because when I park it in the garage, the key stays in the car most of the time