A ride in the stock Cobalt SS powered car

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Was just in the middle of posting the same thing!! I'll elaborate a little more...

Dan and I happened to be at the shop picking up parts at the same time Friday afternoon. Lonny had just fixed and issue on the turbo car where the computer would not let it pressurize above 6psi.

We went for a spin and all of my horsepower aspirations immediately whent out the window. It's an unmodified turbo SS engine. Perhaps having no exhaust gives you a little extra bit but Id imagine the HP is close to stock around 270ish. It was absolutely insane. First gear launches were all but useless, it bounced off the limiter so fast it was absurd. I grew up riding liter bikes, But I genuinely can't say I've experienced faster acceleration in anything else before.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
That sounds great, Any idea what 0-60 times are running?

Nuker-
No clue. To be honest it would take a day or two at the strip to really get the launch down. The tires were cold, there was too much wheel spin to get truly fast times. I will say it felt faster than my last S1000, which ran ~9.5 in the 1/4

Tony

You guys are getting me way too excited. My Trans Am is fast, my 1700cc Yamaha is fast, but I know this thing is going to be absolutely absurd.

DanPerryy

Stopping is as breathtaking as launching. This car has stock (non Brembo) Cobalt brakes - 11" on front 10" on rear - the "kit" parts. When it stops, the weight transfer seems to just push both the front and the rear into the ground.

This car is insanely quick. I'd like to get a 0-100-0 time on this thing. I had a Z06 with built 383 LS engine - dyno'ed at 550 on the rear wheels. It would not stay with this car. Trying to get it to hook up was a challenge (at least for me). This Goblin is glued to the ground.