Aaron Buley's Street (Extended) Goblin #136 - 09 SS/TC donor

aaronbuley

After a lot of looking around for donors, I just couldn't wait anymore and bought an 09 SS/TC in Nashville, TN ($6K) and drove it home to Dallas last week.

I started the tear down this week. It's moving surprisingly quick for having never done anything like this before... other than some stuff with my Wrangler Unlimited (lift kit, etc.) Huge thank you to the build guide videos!

Craigslist has worked really well for parting out what I don't need. Looking to recover more than $1K at this rate.

I'll post as much of the build as I can to my YouTube channel... www.youtube.com/aaronbuley
After a lot of looking around for donors, I just couldn't wait anymore and bought an 09 SS/TC in Nashville, TN ($6K) and drove it home to Dallas last week.

I started the tear down this week. It's moving surprisingly quick for having never done anything like this before... other than some stuff with my Wrangler Unlimited (lift kit, etc.) Huge thank you to the build guide videos!

Craigslist has worked really well for parting out what I don't need. Looking to recover more than $1K at this rate.

I'll post as much of the build as I can to my YouTube channel... www.youtube.com/aaronbuley

DF Goblin Update - Teardown COMPLETE!!
Watch here:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Looking good! That HF furniture dolly is not sturdy enough for the donor carcass, I did the same thing. Ended up using a set of wheel dollies (roller skates) to move it around. BTW, the kids are cute!

aaronbuley

Looking good! That HF furniture dolly is not sturdy enough for the donor carcass, I did the same thing. Ended up using a set of wheel dollies (roller skates) to move it around. BTW, the kids are cute!
Haha yeah. We ended up using an engine hoist for the front and a jack for the rear and just rolled it out slowly. :)

aaronbuley

Latest Build Video -- Part 2

aaronbuley

Here’s Part 3 of my build...

Motoracer110

Love the videos! its going to help a lot making sure everything is correct on my build keep up the good work!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
You might try a lot of heat (not melting temp) on the aluminum to get it to expand and let go. Also hitting the outside aluminum with a dead blow will help to pop it loose but don’t hit too hard and damage the pretty CNC job. Pickle forks also work but I don’t care for them. Other wise a press can help them loose if it’s not in too tight.

aaronbuley

front wheels on!
are they supposed to have that level of camber when off the ground?
what brake pads did y'all order for the supplied calipers?

Attachments

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
To remove the outer tie rod end from steering rack assembly, use a lot of heat. Get the jam nut orange, then use a pair of wrenches to loosen the jam nut then remove the tie rod end.

aaronbuley

The steel bits bolted to the front suspension uprights. The two hole flange is supposed to be on the outboard side of the upright at the top and on the inboard side at the bottom.
interestingly, its the inverse on the old version. that's why i did it that way.

aaronbuley

Got the front tie rods off very easily with some Liquid Wrench Penetrating Oil.

So, needing to make sure all my grounds are good (and will be checking the fuses) because I can’t get the engine to crank. Having the same security light pattern that Tony’s City 2010 TC was having.

Is this a ground wire?

Attachments