Aaron Buley's Street (Extended) Goblin #136 - 09 SS/TC donor

aaronbuley

After a lot of looking around for donors, I just couldn't wait anymore and bought an 09 SS/TC in Nashville, TN ($6K) and drove it home to Dallas last week.

I started the tear down this week. It's moving surprisingly quick for having never done anything like this before... other than some stuff with my Wrangler Unlimited (lift kit, etc.) Huge thank you to the build guide videos!

Craigslist has worked really well for parting out what I don't need. Looking to recover more than $1K at this rate.

I'll post as much of the build as I can to my YouTube channel... www.youtube.com/aaronbuley

Attachments

Last edited:

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Awesome. That's pretty much what I paid for my '09 SS/TC. Now I don't feel so bad. :) Donor looks to be in great shape. You can easily recover $1k for everything. I got about that, and I feel like I practically gave things away.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Yay another Texas build! Sweet donor, SS Cars are much better to sell parts, I couldn’t sell anything from my base (but also barely tried)

aaronbuley

Welcome, Any idea whats done to the motor? I see the ZZP sticker and hard pipes...
No idea. I'm a noob, which is why I'm doing this... so as to learn and not be a noob.
Guy told me he just put a new intake and had it tuned but I see a ZZP intercooler on it as well. And this sucker was quick! ... before i took it apart. :)
My concern is how different this engine bay is from the Automatic LT they use in the video build guide. Concepts are the same, I just have to use my brain and some guesswork.

Gsd autos mn

Welcome, really nice car almost too nice what were the miles on that one?

I would sell the 18s you can make some money on those wheels and tires, run a CL add they fit Malibu, Saturn Aura even the Dodge Dart, should have no problem picking out a set you want.

You can decide on the rim width based on tire size.

Last edited:

Christopher Sanchez

After a lot of looking around for donors, I just couldn't wait anymore and bought an 09 SS/TC in Nashville, TN ($6K) and drove it home to Dallas last week.

I started the tear down this week. It's moving surprisingly quick for having never done anything like this before... other than some stuff with my Wrangler Unlimited (lift kit, etc.) Huge thank you to the build guide videos!

Craigslist has worked really well for parting out what I don't need. Looking to recover more than $1K at this rate.

I'll post as much of the build as I can to my YouTube channel... www.youtube.com/aaronbuley
Nice car! Thats about what I paid for mine with about 85k on it. Don't forget to keep the parking brake cables and the shifter cables. The Wiring harness is what threw me off, but there is a lot of great info and people on this forum to guide you.

aaronbuley

Update on the tear down since bringing it home.

PROGRESS! DF Goblin Donor Tear Down (DF Kit Car)

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Aaron, if you want an e-brake from DF, make sure you keep the Cobalt e-brake handle mechanism, tubes, and cables. I threw mine away, so I had to go to Pick-and-Pull and get new tubes. I'll need to purchase new cables. When watching your video, I saw the tubes and just wanted to save you some time/money if you haven't already thought about it.

aaronbuley

Aaron, if you want an e-brake from DF, make sure you keep the Cobalt e-brake handle mechanism, tubes, and cables. I threw mine away, so I had to go to Pick-and-Pull and get new tubes. I'll need to purchase new cables. When watching your video, I saw the tubes and just wanted to save you some time/money if you haven't already thought about it.
Thx Jeff!! Good looking out.

aaronbuley

It feels so good getting that subframe out!!
Dropping the power train tomorrow.

Attachments

aaronbuley

Dash out!!
This is moving along nicely.

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Yep, it’s fun tearing things apart. It goes pretty quick, doesn’t it? The whole build is not really over daunting as long as you spend time with it.

Paperscale

I feel less bad seeing people spend more on just a good car, I stead of fretting over the perfect, cheaper, wreck. I've been looking for the last few months, in anticipation of buying a donor, and there is just nothing within 500 miles that is either running, or the model I want. But of course we have several great, driving, SC/TC cars for sale all the time.