Aaron Buley's Street (Extended) Goblin #136 - 09 SS/TC donor

aaronbuley

DF Goblin Kit Car Build - Part 7 is up finally.
I’ve got 2 more I need to edit and post ASAP. One is visiting DF again and then the next is Ross (from NW Arkansas) coming to my house. He’s an awesome dude by the way. Went out in his Goblin and he helped me bleed my brakes and clutch. What a guy!

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Did you have your throttle body tube MAP sensor installed on that spin? I heard some strange ringing sound in a few spots.

Your one girl was not a happy camper at all. :)

aaronbuley

Did you have your throttle body tube MAP sensor installed on that spin? I heard some strange ringing sound in a few spots.

Your one girl was not a happy camper at all. :)
yeah, it was installed. yeah, not sure what the ringing sound was... turbo blow off?

yeah, my 7 year old wasn't happy because she knew the brakes weren't fully bled yet and there were no seat belts. she's my safety captain. Lol

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Ross, your a stand up guy for spending time with Aaron and Josh. Looks like you guys got him hooked on a Goblin, the reaction on his first ride was priceless! But I pretty much see the same reaction by everyone else who has had their first ride. ;)

Last edited:

grantcropper

Just a note for people trying to sell their parts, try Facebook Marketplace if you haven’t already. I had been trying to use craigslist only but still had some things I needed to get rid of. I posted my seats, rotors and Brembo brakes (all separate entries) from the donor and sold them all in the same day.
Give it a shot!
Thank you for this advice, I have so many good parts stitting that havent sold on offer up or craigslist. I will try the FB market place and let you know how that went for me in Vegas.

grantcropper

it doesn't seem like this gap should exist in the axle. am i missing something?

View attachment 9417
In the boot to the right, this part springs in and out. When I installed mine, it pressed in just fine but I had to pull it out pretty hard and reinstall it. When I went to install it again, the internals wouldn't compress until I messed with it for like 10 minutes wiggling it around. It felt like something inside got locked up or something. Does anyone know if this is going to present a problem in the future or if thats how they work?

grantcropper

Does your hand pump have a rather large reservoir? If not it won’t work. The motive pump for GM is only about $45 on Amazon.
Come on, of course, this is our luck! So are we crazy to want to do it without spending more money? Is pumping the brakes that terrible?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Come on, of course, this is our luck! So are we crazy to want to do it without spending more money? Is pumping the brakes that terrible?
No, you don't need to spend more money. Pumping the brakes is easy if you have 2 people.
I tried with my vacuum pump (it has a 4 or 6 ounce reservoir), which got rid of most of the air, but ended up pedal pumping to get rid of all the air.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Thank you for this advice, I have so many good parts stitting that havent sold on offer up or craigslist. I will try the FB market place and let you know how that went for me in Vegas.
Grant, you should be able to sell everything - and for a decent price - in the Vegas market, since it is very much like Phoenix and people are looking for 'desert' parts with no corrosion.