ABS wiring

Andy

My car came with abs I am assuming since the goblin does not use the abs/esp module that the wiring can be removed from the harness. Just checking since there is a secondary wiring harness for the rear has sensors on the rear axle. Don't want to forget anything and send it to scrap. Thanks.

PG5

You're right the abs system isn't used with the Goblin, but I'd hang on to the wiring until you're done with the project. I noticed you don't have a build log, what donor do you have?

Johvans

My car came with abs I am assuming since the goblin does not use the abs/esp module that the wiring can be removed from the harness. Just checking since there is a secondary wiring harness for the rear has sensors on the rear axle. Don't want to forget anything and send it to scrap. Thanks.
I would wait for Adam or Lonny to chime in (they reworked my harness FYI - best $450 I ever spent!) but I do know that there are communication wires that run through the ABS harness. It's probably possible to remove everything else but the comm wires must be connected.
John

PG5

I forgot about the comm wires. Here's a quote from Lonny in Tony's thread.

On my turbo car I removed every wire associated with the ABS system except the data wires.
Your finished harness should have a string of tan and tan/black twisted data wires that run from the BCM to the back of the car.

Andy

Thanks guys yeah no build log yet just started to take the donor apart last week since I am on second shift. Almost done I have the gas tank to drop and have to remove the ready hubs if I can. They seam to be corroded in so I think I am going to have to replace them. I have been taking pictures along the way. My donor is a 2005 SS/SC cobalt unfortunately not a G85 LSD. Really appreciate the help.

PG5

I can't wait to see pictures! I think most with 5 lug donors have switched to 4 lug hubs for better wheel options.

MOOG 513205 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} Info

Front; Non-ABS; 4 Stud Hub

MOOG 512248 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} Info
Rear; Non-ABS; 4 Stud Hub

PG5

I think it might be easier to find wheels if the front and rear hubs were swapped. But it's not necessary.

PHerder

My donor is a 2007 SS/SC with the 5 lug hubs. The donor has 159k miles on it so I decided I was going to replace the hubs anyway and replaced them with Non-ABS hubs with 4 lugs. Once I had them in house, I checked to see if the front 4 lug hubs actually fit on my axles and they do without a problem.

Andy

On the abs issue I snapped a couple of pictures of the tan/ tan with black stripe twisted data communication wires. The wires go from the plug in the first picture to the second plug in the second picture ( the abs/ esp module) then they go to the plug in the third picture. Since I am taking out the abs module and the plug in the second picture do I just need to connect the wires from the plug in the first picture to the plug in the third picture to maintain the data communication wires?

Attachments

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Since I am taking out the abs module and the plug in the second picture do I just need to connect the wires from the plug in the first picture to the plug in the third picture to maintain the data communication wires?
Correct