Absolutely nothing electrically speaking.

barichuk

1 is for the turn signal switch
2 is the OBD2 port for diagnostics- nothing gets hooked to it
3 don’t know
4 I believe is for the ambient light sensor
5 should hook to the brake reservoir
6 went to the radiator and don’t get used now
7 ambient temp sensor. Clip that into one of the holes in the front of the subframe.
8 I believe the purple one is the mass airflow sensor. Idk the other
9. O2 sensor
10 & 11 Hmmmmm
I thought this one was the MAF.
In the drivers side front of the transmission
Yeah, I see the connection. Those pins are not easily accessible, and they are bent just a bit. Wish me luck reconnecting it.

Attachments

Goblin Graber

I went back and looked at my 2.2 auto that’s in my garage still hooked up and the purple MAF plug has 5 pins. The coil pack plugs have 4 wires like your pic

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
16071972331301955627068441750961.jpg
These two plug into the back of your turn signal stock.
Not necessary to start the engine.

16071974014667280133975496321274.jpg
This is your OBDII

16071975092957496161357732994847.jpg
This is your brake fluid level sensor plug.

16071976828732425183089480339102.jpg
This plugs into the small gray box that was on top of your donor's dash. It is a key fob receiver and tire pressure monitor.

16071978935244502761715131736485.jpg
This is the Horn plug.

16071980631273769278011806824457.jpg
These are cooling fan connectors. I think. I know the top one is.

16071982823307387627153933066794.jpg
Ambient air temperature.

16071984848567239277405327231959.jpg
The right I believe is for EVAP. Not sure about the other.

16071986832253621679264963380325.jpg
One of the O2 sensors.

16071988589923064293962509520299.jpg
AC plugs.
Not needed

16071991325626242122128430934590.jpg
Transmission main plug.
A lot of things will not work if this is not connected.
If you have not attached your shifter cable you will need to manually shift the transmission into park.
It will not start if the transmission is not in park or neutral.
Before you try to turn the engine over make sure you have looped the transmission cooler lines or you are going to have a mess to clean up.

Until you get your MAF tube hooked to your engine leave the MAF unplugged. The engine will run very poorly if it is plugged in and does not have air being pulled across it by the engine. It will run fine without it.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know what that connector is for. It will likely hook to the engine or transmission. Look around for something not plugged in.
If you don't find what it's for today I can look tomorrow when I get to work.
PM me.

barichuk

I don't know what that connector is for. It will likely hook to the engine or transmission. Look around for something not plugged in.
If you don't find what it's for today I can look tomorrow when I get to work.
PM me.
Thanks much. No hurry. I have plenty to work on!

barichuk

Update: I have found all the connections and plugged them in. The transmission plug went in after some manipulation. Apparently there was some damage to this plug in the donor collision and it is not secure. Now when I connect the battery I hear relays in the BCM. The little light in the automatic shifter (my tell-tale) does not come on until I turn the key to 'on'. The dash comes on with a yellow light of a padlock, which goes out quickly. When I push the brake pedal a lever in the shifter moves, and when I turn the key to 'start' I again hear relays in the BCM., but I have no starter. When the key is turned off ('acc') the little tell-tale in the shift is still on (timer?), which makes me think the key is still on, so I disconnect the battery. I have power to the ECM. The advice I have gotten from this forum has been invaluable and if I forget to say thanks, I apologise.

Goblin Graber

The light in the shifter will stay on due to the car having Retained Accessory Power. Like finishing the song you were listening to before opening the door and the radio shuts off.

Some people have gone back and added a momentary switch to trigger the BCM into thinking you opened the drivers to kill the RAP. Otherwise you can just let it time out and it will be fine.

What was the purple plug in pic #8? I couldn’t find a plug like that on my engine harness anywhere.

barichuk

The light in the shifter will stay on due to the car having Retained Accessory Power. Like finishing the song you were listening to before opening the door and the radio shuts off.

Some people have gone back and added a momentary switch to trigger the BCM into thinking you opened the drivers to kill the RAP. Otherwise you can just let it time out and it will be fine.

What was the purple plug in pic #8? I couldn’t find a plug like that on my engine harness anywhere.
Goblin Graber said he thought it was the EVAP. Lonny said he was not sure, and would get back with me later.

Goblin Graber

No ACC is still accessory, but turning it all the way OFF will still give you power for a set amount of time or until you trick it into thinking you opened the drivers door.

Can you still not turn the key all the way to OFF and take the key out? My ignition switch on my bench has the keys stuck in it. There’s an interlock in the ignition switch, at least in automatics, that won’t let you turn it all the way off without power.

barichuk

No ACC is still accessory, but turning it all the way OFF will still give you power for a set amount of time or until you trick it into thinking you opened the drivers door.

Can you still not turn the key all the way to OFF and take the key out? My ignition switch on my bench has the keys stuck in it. There’s an interlock in the ignition switch, at least in automatics, that won’t let you turn it all the way off without power.
The key has 3 positions, what I am calling 'acc', 'on', and 'start'. The key will come out in all 3 positions.

barichuk

Latest situation: Thought it might be a bad starter, but it checked good. While the starter was disconnected I had nothing when I turned the key. Put starter back in, turned key, and same as before. Dash lights, BCM relays, but no starter. Voltage is continuous 12 volt, even with key off (seems odd to me). There is no voltage to the small pin next to it. Guy at parts store said I needed 4 or 5 volts there; it told the starter to go ahead and crank. What is this telling me (besides I don't know what I am doing!)?

Ross

Goblin Guru
To jump start your starter motor, just provide 12 volts positive to the small purple wire, or the post that it bolts to.
Once you do this, the relay will make a loud click, and the big wire goes to your battery, will then provide power to the starter motor positive wire.

I still have an intermittent data issue with my car, so sometime it won't start unless I jump the starter.
You might have a data issue too. If the PCM can't communicate on the high speed GMLAN, then it doesn't know you have requested a start.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
"Voltage is continuous 12 volt, even with key off." Where are you checking that you have 12 volts?
If it is the battery cable with the large copper lug that is bolted to the starter it should have a constant 12 volts any time the battery is hooked up.

"There is no voltage to the small pin next to it." What color is the wire?
I don't think it should have any power unless you're turning the key to the start position.

If you will post images along with your info it will help us visualize the problems and find solutions.

barichuk

To jump start your starter motor, just provide 12 volts positive to the small purple wire, or the post that it bolts to.
Once you do this, the relay will make a loud click, and the big wire goes to your battery, will then provide power to the starter motor positive wire.
View attachment 19077
I still have an intermittent data issue with my car, so sometime it won't start unless I jump the starter.
You might have a data issue too. If the PCM can't communicate on the high speed GMLAN, then it doesn't know you have requested a start.
I jumped it and the starter spun. Keep in mind I am a complete electrical illiterate here! What are PCM and GMLAN, please.

barichuk

"Voltage is continuous 12 volt, even with key off." Where are you checking that you have 12 volts?
If it is the battery cable with the large copper lug that is bolted to the starter it should have a constant 12 volts any time the battery is hooked up.

"There is no voltage to the small pin next to it." What color is the wire?
I don't think it should have any power unless you're turning the key to the start position.

If you will post images along with your info it will help us visualize the problems and find solutions.
That wire (I think it 'requests' a start) is purple.

Attachments