Adding supercharger to 2.4NA

Gal2:20

I found a good used SC, intake and throttle body and have ordered ZZP kit. My question is regarding the tear down and cleaning of the used parts. Is it ok after pulling cores From intake to submerge entire intake to clean out old oil and crud? Is it important to replace o rings? If so, where do I get them? Same questions regarding what is best method of preparing SC. Not sure if any of these parts come if ZZP kit

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I just flushed my laminova tubes with a spray brake cleaner or the like. Doesn't take much since it's mostly oily residue. Don't use degreaser like Simple Green since they are aluminum.

Not knowing the condition of the SC, I would at least change the oil in it. Use the OEM oil and only as much as listed to use in the manual.

Murcielago311

Check the SC for play/slop in the pulley. I'm about to replace my coupler for that and it would have been easier while I already had the SC off the engine.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I found a good used SC, intake and throttle body and have ordered ZZP kit. My question is regarding the tear down and cleaning of the used parts. Is it ok after pulling cores From intake to submerge entire intake to clean out old oil and crud? Is it important to replace o rings? If so, where do I get them? Same questions regarding what is best method of preparing SC. Not sure if any of these parts come if ZZP kit
I would not of ordered the kit from ZZP You have the 3 big pieces you need. The kit you will use very little from.