Adjustable Rear Suspension

Any updates on this piece? If you are still going to make this I am very interested and I would like to also request that you make it to accept a second caliper since it is a scratch design anyway, I have been wanting to switch to a hydro brake with a lockout in lieu of an ebrake.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I finished the first design last night and made dxf files. Adam is sending them to the laser cutting shop today.

We are also sending dxf files for a new front suspension design to be tested.

I will post more about it after we test the prototypes.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I finished the first design last night and made dxf files. Adam is sending them to the laser cutting shop today.

We are also sending dxf files for a new front suspension design to be tested.

I will post more about it after we test the prototypes.
Lonny, will the next generation front suspension be backward compatible with the current frame mounting locations?

dastrups

It would be nice if DF could make the rear control arms out of chromoly tube that is fully adjustable like ZZP makes for the LSJ cars.

Nuker-
Do you know if these ZZP chromoly tube lower control arms would work for the goblin? On an LNF?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The LNF ball joint has a larger diameter stub (0.805 versus 0.750) that fits into the bottom of the hub uprights. It may be possible to replace the ball joint on the ZZP arms to the larger stub shaft to work on the LNF. Unless ZZP has sourced a proprietary ball joint that is not the same mounting dimensions as the stock ball joints.

Goblin Graber

The LNF ball joint has a larger diameter stub (0.805 versus 0.750) that fits into the bottom of the hub uprights. It may be possible to replace the ball joint on the ZZP arms to the larger stub shaft to work on the LNF. Unless ZZP has sourced a proprietary ball joint that is not the same mounting dimensions as the stock ball joints.
Do you know if you can use a turbo car wheel bearing in a non turbo knuckle? My donor had a broken knuckle and I got one from LKQ for $35

If so what’s another $70 for knuckles when you’re buying those BA expensive control arms?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Not 100% certain the outer diameters of the bearing housing are the same between the turbo and non-turbo hubs. Someone else on the forum may have this information.