Adjustable Rear Suspension

Dale E

Just throwing this out to the masses. If any of you all want a tubular subframe out of matching round or go square tubing then draw it up and make it. Have a fabricator make it if you can't! It is doable -- I have drawn up a couple, but I'm not building a Goblin, so it is just me doodling along (again and again).. What you all want has already been done by other car builders!

Lonny could just sell you the 324 suspension and let you all go to town -- BUT! I don't think he will because it makes for more fabrication on his part or leaves it up to you to do the fabrication. Try asking someone else on the forum a question about what no one else has done.

Lonny planned and made you all a "Great bit of kit", plug and play, swing set build, NO fabrication required, fun ride! Build it and enjoy! I guarantee you all he has more in store for you! Be still my beating heart -- I can't wait!!

I strongly, 100% plus, believe Lonny's reasons for what he does, with his modifications, is constrained by him having to design it so it remains a plug and play, swing set build type of add on part (improved)! And I wholeheartedly support that!! Unbolt the old suspension and bolt in the new one, make a few alignment tweaks and drive!!

So, what Lonny designs as an improvement - upgrade - is driven by the desire to make something better and at the same time use the KISS principle.

Just my perspective! Yours may vary greatly!

Continue on, enjoy your journeys!!

Dale

Iwanttogofast

Man, I sure hope this comes to fruition. Hoping to add this option to my order before my chassis ships. I have pretty strong mechanical skills, but am limited to mostly OEM suspension knowledge. I do not know nearly enough about suspension geometry, load, etc to even attempt to set something up from scratch. Some of you guys have very technical posts that may as well be in Mandarin Chinese for me. o_O

Dale E is most likely on the mark with DF being limited to offering "plug and play" options, and I can certainly appreciate that for a suspension option like this. It needs to be safe, well designed and optimized for beneficial results. Something that probably at least 3/4 of Goblin builders are not qualified to attempt.

jayrolls

Man, I sure hope this comes to fruition. Hoping to add this option to my order before my chassis ships. I have pretty strong mechanical skills, but am limited to mostly OEM suspension knowledge. I do not know nearly enough about suspension geometry, load, etc to even attempt to set something up from scratch. Some of you guys have very technical posts that may as well be in Mandarin Chinese for me. o_O

Dale E is most likely on the mark with DF being limited to offering "plug and play" options, and I can certainly appreciate that for a suspension option like this. It needs to be safe, well designed and optimized for beneficial results. Something that probably at least 3/4 of Goblin builders are not qualified to attempt.
This set up is installed on Adams Goblin, I saw it Saturday and it looked awesome. It has been driven, Lonny got stopped in it and given a warning for having too much fun. I need new control arms and hope this will be available soon.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Any news on the DF adjustable rears? I'm considering replacing the bushings with the Moogs on my almost new control arms to see if that will help control it pulling to one side under hard acceleration. If these might be ready next spring I'll probably wait, since the amount I'll be able to drive during the winter will be a little limited.

RobC76

Very impressive, I would love to purchase a set of uprights. I’ll work on a completely tube back half that will bolt in a goblin and eliminate the cradle. Eliminate those struts and use coil over shocks. Watching this thread for sure!

Brett

Pretty soon, that's subframe will be welded right to the frame. Maybe that will be revision 25...