Adjustable Rear Suspension

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Looks promising ! Now if you could just figure out how to get an UCA in there this kit will be on par with the Atom.

Lndshrk Steve

The total subframe makes sense. One main frame for street OR track use. The regular (cobalt) rear suspension for road use (and lower cost) and those that want, can upgrade to the track setup. It's a lot easier to set up suspension points on a blank slate, without the factory restrictions.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Looks promising ! Now if you could just figure out how to get an UCA in there this kit will be on par with the Atom.
Could probably be done with mounting points on the same bar that the engine mounts are sitting on, and then a U or V shaped UCA that goes around the strut with steel mounting points similar to how the front LCA suspension mounts. It could either use the top bolt of the strut, or both. Should help with the twisting motion of the strut

WYGoblin

I would love to test one but winter is here and too cold to take the goblin out. Probably wont see the oustide of my garage till spring :(

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great, what do you anticipate the cost of the kit to be?
That is a good question, we are concerned that the complexity of the upgrade may drive the cost to be too high to be practical.

After testing we will pull a complete kit, price out each individual part, and cross our fingers. As of now, I don't have a good feeling of cost but it is going to be high.

Any plans for the 4T45 too?
We are wanting to develop a turbo kit for the base auto donors so I think it would be a good idea to offer an upgraded rear suspension for it too.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
That is a good question, we are concerned that the complexity of the upgrade may drive the cost to be too high to be practical.

After testing we will pull a complete kit, price out each individual part, and cross our fingers. As of now, I don't have a good feeling of cost but it is going to be high.
That's what I've been afraid of too. Looking back at what the 324 kit cost, granted it has a more components with some more complexity, I could imagine this kit end up being $2500-3k on the low end.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
So do I dare ask if the F40 is compatible to the F35 design? Hey, every other transmission has been asked about so far. Heck, another $2500 on top of the F40 frame mod $2500 would just be another reason to have a 'rare' Goblin! :p:cool:

Dale E

Hey guys. I'm not even building a Goblin and I volunteered. When I saw the un-welded pieces on the table I wanted to take them home!!
It was extremely familiar looking to me!

So who ever does test it document it well!!

Dale