Advice for seats and belts?

PHENDERSON

Going to be mounting my DF supplied seats and harnesses soon and was wondering what is the best order for this? Attach the mou ts to the seats then to the car or attach the mounts to the car then add the seats? Does anyone have some decent pics of the harness connections?

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I followed the advice of others and loosely installed the brackets, mounted the seats, and then tightened the brackets.

I have not installed the harnesses yet but will be watching this thread closely.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
If you don't have your side panels on yet, things are a bit easier. The crotch belt and inside lap belt should be installed before the seats. The outside lap belt should be installed before the seat if your side panels are already attached. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of these attachments.

My preferred method is to tightly attach the brackets to the seats, and then put the mount bolts on a 2x4 on a floor jack under the car. Raise the floor jack while aligning the bolts so they're held firmly in place through the frame from the bottom of the car. I am consistently able to get only one bolt aligned, so loosely washer-and-nut that bolt. Lower the floor jack so you can get your hand on the second bolt and wiggle it until you can get it generally aligned with the bracket, then shove it back into place with the 2x4 and floor jack. If you can get the bolt into the hole in the bracket but can't get threads to go through, just put your weight in the seat.

I have the FX1 seats (not pro) with the brackets mounted in the outboard position, with the tabs facing the inside. The nut for the inside bolt can be hit with an impact with extensions. The outboard nut requires a wrench as a ratchet is too tall and would hit the bottom of the seat.

PHENDERSON

I think I'm missing something. I'm trying to mount the seat brackets to the car and assume that the front "fork" goes around the brase bar with the bottom going through the slot in the floor. The outboard ones seem fine but the inboard ones don't reach the bar. Do I have this all messed up? Does someone have a picture of how this is supposed to look?

Attachments

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I think I'm missing something. I'm trying to mount the seat brackets to the car and assume that the front "fork" goes around the brase bar with the bottom going through the slot in the floor. The outboard ones seem fine but the inboard ones don't reach the bar. Do I have this all messed up? Does someone have a picture of how this is supposed to look?
The inboard vs outboard bracket thing just recently came up in one of the Facebook groups. Read the comments on this post to figure out what goes where:

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
There are inner/outer and left/right brackets. I think this is something everyone that buys the DF brackets gets to go through.

My FX1's mounted up fine with the bracket tabs facing inboard, both with the standard brackets and the short brackets.

PHENDERSON

I layed them all together and didn't notice a difference so I assumed they were the same length. I didn't look very close though.

How do we get in these things? Step on the seat and slide in or can you stand on the floor and the rivets will hold?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I gave up getting into mine without stepping in the seats the first time I got into the car. I guess it could be possible with the longer chassis and no halo, but it wouldn't take long for me to break the turn signal stalk if I tried mine.

I think my floor is strong enough to hold the weight, but I did use silicone.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I layed them all together and didn't notice a difference so I assumed they were the same length. I didn't look very close though.

How do we get in these things? Step on the seat and slide in or can you stand on the floor and the rivets will hold?
I yell at anyone putting a foot on my seats. And I do not even have nice seats..... :/
Hanging on to the halo makes it much easier to slide in.
Mirror and turn signal are obstacles for sure. Especially for BIG feet...

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I guess it depends on a lot of things. In addition to the car layout, the size and physical condition of the person will also make a big difference.

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Here's a question, is one of my seats supposed to be wider than the other? One is 2 inches wider.
No. Please email us @ [email protected] so we can address this as soon as possible. If you could please include photos as I'll need to reach out to Corbeau since these shipped to you direct from them. We'll get it taken care of & made right for you!

Thanks!