Aeroforce Wideband issue

SACTX

I'm running the Aeroforce Wideband (Bosh) with the HP tuners Pro dongle. I have my Aeroforce attached to the red line (input 1) and it's reading but it's only reading 10 or 20 (0v or 5v) set up in HP tuners as the AFR (Output/.5+10). I'm going to wait until the morning and do a calibration. Anyone know anything I can try before tomorrow morning? I already tried resetting the controller and it didn't do anything.

Just thought about checking grounds but I don't think it would show anything if it was not grounded. I'll go check them to be sure.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I assume you have the ground hooked up to AEM from the dongle in addition to the red wire. Do you have separate 12v power to the AEM for the sensor heater? What is the gauge reading on the diplay?

Ross

Goblin Guru
If the Aeroforce Wideband is displaying air fuel ratio, then 10 to 20 would be the appropriate range, with 14.7 being stoichiometric for gasoline.

SACTX

The brown wire from the controller is wide band output to the red on the HPT pro.

The black on the controller output is a ground but shown as not needed.

The black on the HPT pro dongle and the black from the controller power connector are grounded together.

Red and white on the controller power are connected to switched power.

There is not a separate wire for power to the wideband. It is just a multi plug that goes to an extension wire the plugs directly into the controller. The output is either showing 0v or 5v. Mostly 5v all the time. I only have it hooked up to the HP tuners dongle right now because the instructions say to not connect it to the gauge and HP tuners at the same time. It is either showing 20AFR or 10AFR. Nothing in between.

SACTX

It’s going to be around noon before I get to work on it today. I will try resetting everything and making sure that the white band is clean and everything is connected correctly.

Ross

Goblin Guru
You seem to have it wired correctly.
I would put an electrical meter on the output brown wire, and measure the voltage. (Use the black wire to get the same ground)
If the output is 0v or 5v and nothing in between, then it is a problem with the Aeroforce wideband or its controller.
If the output is analog (say 2.3v when the engine is running) then it is HP Tuners or MPVI2 that is the issue.

Last edited:

SACTX

You seem to have it wired correctly.
I would put an electrical meter on the output brown wire, and measure the voltage.
If the output is 0v or 5v and nothing in between, then it is a problem with the Aeroforce wideband.
If the output is analog (say 2.3v when the engine is running) then it is HP Tuners Pro that is the issue.
I will check it that way with my voltmeter.
Thank you for the input!

SACTX

I got it all worked out. I either needed cleaner power or a cleaner ground. I ran a line straight to the power post and grounded directly to a subframe bolt and everything works great. For some reason the connections I had before were not clean enough and had too much interference I guess.