Aftermarket solid shifter?

SACTX

What's the thread for the shift knob on this shifter I dont see it listed in the eBay listing
Stock TSX thread is m10 x 1.5. The knob that I have from OTTP will not work on the shifter without an adapter. I bought an inexpensive shift knob from Amazon that comes with a whole bunch of adapters so I will be able to confirm that before the end of the week. I will have a good write up on exactly what to do to make everything work when it comes time for it.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
It is approximately 11 3/8 inches long by 6 inches wide. This is three-quarter inch MDF. We probably do not need to use three-quarter inch thick material but that would lower the shifter down a little bit so it may need to be shimmed up. It may need to be shipped up as it is because it is already going to sit lower the new stock shifter. I have some ideas on that if needed.
Not bad, It looks like a 12x8x.75 60601 plate is about 30$ so not too bad.

Nuker-

SACTX

Not bad, It looks like a 12x8x.75 60601 plate is about 40$ so not too bad.

Nuker-
yep. A piece big enough to do 20 to 30 pieces would be about $700 to $800. I laid it out in AutoCAD and it came out to be about a 4‘ x 4‘ sheet.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
yep. A piece big enough to do 20 to 30 pieces would be about $700 to $800. I laid it out in AutoCAD and it came out to be about a 4‘ x 4‘ sheet.
Yeah, if you are confident in the design I'll go buy a piece local tomorrow so I can cut a sample. If that is good its production time!

Nuker-

SACTX

The original is 5/8 inch with 1/4 inch spacers. It’s technically seven eights of an inch thick to the mounting points which is where I am measuring from. We could go down to as low as 1/2 inch but we would need to source out some taller spacers. That is not undoable. A piece of 3/4 will mount exactly the way it’s mounted in my car right now.

SACTX

Yeah, if you are confident in the design I'll go buy a piece local tomorrow so I can cut a sample. If that is good its production time!

Nuker-

View attachment 20081
Let’s not jump the gun. I am confident in the design. But, let me take it for a cruise to make sure that everything aligns correctly and shifts the way it supposed to. Getting started next week on cut out it’s not a big deal compared to spending $500.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Let’s not jump the gun. I am confident in the design. But, let me take it for a cruise to make sure that everything aligns correctly and shifts the way it supposed to. Getting started next week on cut out it’s not a big deal compared to spending $500.
Oh no I mean I'm just going to go to the local metal ship and buy a single piece for a test cut hahaha not the full sheet yet.

Nuker-

gofast

I bought the RSX shifter awhile back and I guess I'm committed to it now. The left-right motion of the lever is spring loaded to always return to the center position. If the lever is positioned either right or left, let's say you're in second gear, and you let go of the lever, what prevents the lever from springing back to center and popping out of second gear? Are the detents in the transmission strong enough to prevent the lever from springing back?

SACTX

I bought the RSX shifter awhile back and I guess I'm committed to it now. The left-right motion of the lever is spring loaded to always return to the center position. If the lever is positioned either right or left, let's say you're in second gear, and you let go of the lever, what prevents the lever from springing back to center and popping out of second gear? Are the detents in the transmission strong enough to prevent the lever from springing back?
The stock shifter is also spring loaded. Mine was tilted towards 1st gear a little but it always had pressure on it while in gear. That's part of what I want to work out this weekend. I also was questioning if the throw on the shifter was enough to engage gears correctly and get all the way to reverse.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I have the RSX shifter too. If you are in 2nd gear, the shifter stays in 2nd. If you push the shifter up halfway to 1st gear, then the spring will move the shifter right, stopping in the middle (below 3rd, above 4th). The spring is only able to move the shifter when it is the halfway position.

SACTX

I thought about some thing as I was cruising around today.

This is the actual shifter that I bought.

There are a couple of different ones that look the same. If somebody bought a different one could you please take pictures And dimensions of the mounting holes on the bottom to confirm that they are in the same location.

Last edited:

Peregrinus

I thought about some thing as I was cruising around today.

This is the actual shifter that I bought.

There are a couple of different ones that look the same. If somebody bought a different one could you please take pictures And dimensions of the mounting holes on the bottom to confirm that they are in the same location.
Mine was from the same listing, I did make an offer at $130. And they accepted it.