Aftermarket solid shifter?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Is it just a matter of fabricating a different base?
I used the DF base plate that was welded to the tunnel cap, and the new RSX shifter came with an aluminum base.
So, no, I didn't need to fabricate a new base, just modified what was there.
Andrew/DCMoney made himself a custom base.

KSLunsfo

Thinking I might be jumping on the band wagon here. I'm finding these as cheap as $91.99 on ebay. I'm curious though, I noticed DCMoney's version actual has the Ktuned engraving on it, was that from ebay or Amazon? I saw an earlier post with a link to Amazon, that one is currently $159, perhaps it was cheaper before. I'm likely being overly particular, but like the idea of having the version with the Ktuned markings.

KSLunsfo

If you guys (Ross or JSATX or anyone else doing a RSX shifter) want a base that retains the stock mounting location let me know. Happy to make them to where you want the RSX shifter to bolt into at. Attached a PDF of the base I made, if you wanted to mock a base up. Print 1:1 on 8.5x11 it should be accurate. DXF linked below, you can modify as needed and send it to me and I'd be happy to make it for you, or you can send it out.
DCMoney, any chance you have a version of that drawing with dimensions? I'm reverse engineering from the tunnel cover and not having high enough confidence with the numbers. I also notice the thing is slightly out of square, the 2 seemingly parallel sides aren't... I never ended up even removing the shifter assembly from the donor, so at this point the tunnel cover is all I have to measure from.

If nothing else it would be nice to have some numbers to compare to. I've even thought about reaching out to Adam or Lonnie directly to see if they would be willing to provide a drawing for the tunnel shifter plate. I'm looking to CNC an aluminum plate and want to be able to hold some reasonable tolerances (not overly sloppy just to accommodate the crude measurements).

Also, what are the small 7 holes for?

Thanks.

KSLunsfo

For those with the ktuned shifter box, do you know what the thread on the shifter arm is? I've looked around online a bit and coming up short.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Was out driving the other weekend, when I lost left and right control. The shaft on the shifter that controls left and right movement popped out. Was able to push it back in and get it to work. Hard to tell from the pic but you can see where the shaft was coming out of the ball.

Took it apart this weekend and found there is a bolt that holds that shaft in place. Put some thread locker on it and tighten it all back up.

The shaft was making contact with the outer support piece, a quick check for those who have this shifter to see if their shaft is lose.

I was getting a lot of play in the tunnel cover throwing the shifter left and right, so I added some tunnel cover reinforcement using some 1/2" aluminum round stock. This took up almost all the play.

Still think this is the best upgrade anyone with a manual could do.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I also have had 2 bolts vibrate loose on my new billet RSX shifter... also had this same issue on the DF reversers when I had the Cobalt shifter.
I too need to go back, and add loctite.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
This unit just arrived today! Found it on eBay. It's about $60 more than the RSX shifter but it has the ball on the bottom of the pivot point so I'm hoping that it's substantially easier to make it work with the shift linkage already in the car.
PXL_20201211_221616701.jpg

benjy

This unit just arrived today! Found it on eBay. It's about $60 more than the RSX shifter but it has the ball on the bottom of the pivot point so I'm hoping that it's substantially easier to make it work with the shift linkage already in the car.
Please report back. At the rate your build thread progressed, I expect an installed and tested report in about 45 minutes :p