Air Intake Issues

Adam in CLE

Just got the car out for the season. Did a couple of test runs as I have my inspection next month. The air intake as seen in the picture keeps popping off. What have others done to make it more secure? I am not sure what the boost level is when it pops off either. Appreciate your thoughts and ideas.

Attachments

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I don’t think mine has a bead and haven’t had any problems with it coming off. Make sure there isn’t any oil on it and crank it down tight.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Just got the car out for the season. Did a couple of test runs as I have my inspection next month. The air intake as seen in the picture keeps popping off. What have others done to make it more secure? I am not sure what the boost level is when it pops off either. Appreciate your thoughts and ideas.
I had similar happen with a backfire letting off the gas after wot. I am at 26 psi boost. Make sure the band clamp is actually Clamping the rubber hose over top of the pipe.

Scott #321

Also make sure that the hoses are not stretched to make the connection. It is better for these to be a tad too long than too short.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
It works. A 1/16th bead gives a 1/8th width increase to the tube, which is enough to retain a silicon coupler when torqued down correctly. It just takes more time to get a bead into a tube - and lots of hand-grip workout.