air temperature data for air-air intercooler

ColoradoCryptoTrader

Hey folks, I have installed these nice Mishimoto 1/8" bung couplers on both sides of my rear mount air to air intercooler.

If anyone is interested I can do some air temp tracking and see how well it does both with and without the fans I have on there.

Maybe some water spray testing would be fun to work on also, I live in a very DRY area so evaporative cooling is very effective!!!

stock K04 with ZZP tune.

Dsteinhorst

This is a neat project. Quite a bit of work went into the setup too! Those fans look like those available on siliconeintakes.com and other sites. I have the same one mounted behind my side heat exchanger.
20220408_170212.jpg

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
That’s what they kind of looked like. Depending on how far you want to go with this, testing those vs Spal or Perma-cool would be interesting. If you stagger them, I be you can get 2 10” fans on there. Spal makes some very strong fans.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Have you thought about adding a fan shroud? I imagine that could produce a significant delta between the hot and cold sides of the cooler.

ColoradoCryptoTrader

Looks good. How are you going to control the fans?
just a toggle switch connected to a 40 amp relay. I think I will be using a ground trigger for this. already ran a bunch of wires through the tunnel for the intercooler fans and heated seat relays.

Sunny Colorado where it can be 80 during the day and 40 at night the heated seats will save my bum a lot. I used Corbeau suspension seats and put in amazon seat heater kits myself.

Last edited:

ColoradoCryptoTrader

Have you thought about adding a fan shroud? I imagine that could produce a significant delta between the hot and cold sides of the cooler.
yes probably soon, and I'll wrap it green to match LOL. The intercooler is rated for 500hp and my ZZP tune will be 300hp max so I think I have some extra capacity (for now).

Although I think I would rather make a small, like 2" deep plenum instead of a flat sheet with holes cut out for the fans - I'll do it if I ever get to Z54 turbo land.