Goblin Warning Light Eliminator (Airbag, Seatbelt & Tire Pressure + Bonus Features)

bradr

Any chance you can find the ODO in the BCM? It would be nice to zero that for a new goblin build.
Most likely the odometer memory location can only be edited with security access that I don't have. Based on my testing and reading, even a factory GM tool can only set the mileage in a new "unlocked" BCM. I am not sure if the lock is in the tool or in the BCM. If I had access to a device that could zero the mileage, I may be able to duplicate it.

MisterDave

Long answer:
If I were to amortize my time and costs out over the number of units I might sell (maybe 5-10 at best), these would cost more than some donor cars. Whatever I price them at, I will be selling them at a "loss". Any income from selling a few will simply offset a small portion of my cost and help other Goblin builders.

Short answer:
I don't know yet.

To be clear - this is not intended to be a commercial product to make a profit. I am building a few units for myself. Provided enough interest, I will make a few more for others.
Just in case you were trying to gauge interest in a product like this I wanted to let you know that I would be interested and look forward to hearing more about your progress. Thank you, Looks pretty cool!

bradr

I know this has been a slow moving project. I decided I wanted to change the amount of I/O and form factor of the circuit board. Raw circuit boards are in, I just need to get them populated and tested. It will likely be a few more weeks before I have time and know if they work.

baustin

If it matters, I'm definitely interested in this too. My 06 SS/SC only has the airbag light to turn off, most of the other warnings are just the newer cars it seems but I think this would still be worth it.

bradr, I don't know how you have the time to come up with all of your solutions but it's much appreciated.

bradr

Hey Bradr, any update on this project? :)
The new hardware design needs to be tested but I disassembled my donor, so I no longer have a test platform. As a result, I have to wait until I get my goblin wiring harness built.

BAR-AIR

Good Evening Brad,
Figured I would put it on the forum. Instead of just texting you. (Puts us both on the hook then). Still another month before we can really get the cars out in Buffalo... “BLUE” is just sitting in the garage if you need or want a test stand.
THX,
Bruce

bradr

Brad, which features are in this gadget? Maybe I missed the explanation? Please resend the link to the website.
Sorry to confuse - There is nothing new. I was simply posting pictures of a new circuit board design (see post 45 above) for the same project I have been working on.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
What kind of wiring connections would we be looking at here? My harness isn't finalized yet (as in, wrapped fully) so I won't do it yet if I'm going to be cutting it open anyway.

bradr

What kind of wiring connections would we be looking at here? My harness isn't finalized yet (as in, wrapped fully) so I won't do it yet if I'm going to be cutting it open anyway.
For the module to work properly, it needs to be inline with the TMPS (RCDLR) box. There would be 4 wire connections to be made:
  1. 12v (Tap into Red/White)
  2. 0v (Tap into Black/White)
  3. Low Speed GMLAN (Cut wire, join with vehicle side)
  4. Low Speed GMLAN (Cut wire, join with TPMS side)

If the vehicle in question does not have TPMS, you would only need the first three connections and they could be made anywhere in the vehicle. The remaining wires are I/O for future features (ie. seat belt reminder option).

Please remember, this is a project, not a well rounded product. No testing I have done has been in a running/moving Goblin and testing has been for a few hours at best. Real world testing could show that this idea or implementation is crap. I hope it works and is reliable so I can share it with others on the forum. That said, I do not want people to make design decisions based on this being available at some point.

Attachments