AleX1/9's City Goblin - 07 SS/SC donor - Chassis #18 - WA registered

AleX1/9

Did you think about some aluminum or steel for the support of the windscreen? Via lamination between the layers of fiberglass.
Yah I planned on adding some structure with both steel and added layers of glass. Now that I have the foam pulled out the back I’m gonna put it back on the goblin and make a mock windshield with cardboard and see how much room/ clearance there is with the brake booster and such.

I did notice DF uses some simple simple L brackets so maybe it doesn’t need much...

29C70893-0238-49FF-BE09-E66CB679ED09.jpeg

AleX1/9

If you can stomach the price the Aerocatch is defintely the way to go. They are nice!
I’ve used the aerocatch pins before on an S2000 I had, and I do like them (other than the junk hardware they come with). They need about an inch of clearance under the mounting surface which I wasn’t sure I would have. So I went with the old school surface mount Sparco pins.

Plus they’re cheap and they go with all the Sparco stuff already installed!

AleX1/9

Spent the evening making this crude bracket for the hood pins using the upper radiator mount tabs. It’s getting crowded down here!

C54E911D-D8FC-46A3-AF05-FF981DDFF1A7.jpeg

5D637508-FA71-42DB-8B1B-5D9FD510F1CD.jpeg

Also got the measurements for the available brooklands screens and made some cardboard templates to see if I would like it...

57A60BAC-E5C8-434E-81C7-463DF82999C4.jpeg

C82E2B12-30BD-4284-BC8A-595A350B7C6F.jpeg

Not real crazy about it :/ probably going to try a 1 piece template next

SliderR1

IC system is totally separated from the engine coolant. I can't remember off hand, but I think the 'up' line should go to your fill tube then back down and to the HE.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
IC system is totally separated from the engine coolant. I can't remember off hand, but I think the 'up' line should go to your fill tube then back down and to the HE.
Ok what I have so far is 2 lines from the heat exchanger in the front back to the engine - unknown location for connection. Then I have a T hose
Some plumbing was finished. Passenger side I ended up using a 1.25" stainless tube. Drivers side I used another aluminum 90 like on the front.

I was able to rotate the intercooler pump so the outlet shot right between the subframe and fuel tank

I'm less happy with the dual pass plumbing which requires 2 tees and a bunch of joints. One day I'd like to re-do this with a custom 3/4 stainless or aluminum junction pipe to reduce the joints and clamps and clutter

Alex I am in the process of piping up the heat exchanger I have (2) PVC pipes coming from the front to the rear do you have clear photos of how it is piped into the engine?

Thank you in advance.

RichRich

Im coming in late into a discussion but one line should go to the overflow tank and the other to the oil cooler. It doesn't matter which side goes to which within the T as long as they got to the proper place....this is of course as long as the LSJ is the same as the LNF

AleX1/9

This is the routing I used for my LSJ and zzp dual pass w/ reservoir:

05A83F5F-D479-4152-8850-929B6683B619.png

I have photos of the completed plumbing in this build thread, not sure what pg.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Went to my first autocross Sunday, had a blast! The track was cold and somewhat damp and I was struggling to get grip. So I chalked the sidewalls up and found I needed wayyyy less in the front. I ended up at 25psi rear and 12psi front. As the track heated up, and I learned the course, it got really fast and so fun to drive.

Wish I knew, I would've come out to watch.
Was that a BSCC event?