All FL owners and future owners !!!!!

CncMan333

Let's see, 4 inches of suspension travel, low profile racing tires, 5 inches (maybe) of ground clearance, and less than 44 inches tall...yep, definitely an off road vehicle. o_O:(:mad: Dumba$$e$.
In Florida no less, low ground clearance and road tires is a great way to get through sand. It just seems strange to me to put what I would interpret as the "intension of the designers" into a state statute and then fall back back on "but we have the right to decide". I just think it is pretty weak and would not stand up to any serious logical scrutiny. As it has been fought in other places (Texas for instance) and won because the moving target arguments that the DMV uses do not stand up to scrutiny. Not when policy and procedure has been written to allow something to happen so that it can be regulated and controlled, which is different from stopping it all together.

jayrolls

Well I live in NWFL and it looks like Montana it is. Any idea how soon that process should be started? I’m #323 so I know I have time, just curious as to when I should get that ball rolling.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
The wait time when I did it a few months ago was 35 days, plus the time it takes for you to prep your docs and get them there, after the LLC is established. The LLC takes up to two days to establish, so if it takes you a total of 5 days to get your paperwork to them, you're looking at 2 days + 5 days + 35 days. That 35-day number may have gone up or down since then, I don't know.

jayrolls

The wait time when I did it a few months ago was 35 days, plus the time it takes for you to prep your docs and get them there, after the LLC is established. The LLC takes up to two days to establish, so if it takes you a total of 5 days to get your paperwork to them, you're looking at 2 days + 5 days + 35 days. That 35-day number may have gone up or down since then, I don't know.
Ok, so once it’s drivable.

KSLunsfo

Ok, so once it’s drivable.
The major step and time for prepping your paperwork will be the vin inspection which has to be done by someone in law enforcement. This part took me about a month to get done due to waiting on the inspector to agree to even doing it. He escalated it up the chain of command until someone finally told him he should do it.

So, there's not really much you can do until the car is built since this will be the biggest part of your paperwork that has to be submitted to Montana for the vehicle registration.

CncMan333

Apparently in my area they do more VIN inspections because I had an officer out inside 20 mins. When I called the Sherriff's department they knew exactly what I was talking about, I had the instruction sheet for the inspector and the paperwork all filled out on the top part from the Montana documents. One of the entries on the form is the location of the VIN and I told him that if he could find it based on what I wrote that that should be good, he found it quickly, verified it and was gone in like 5 mins.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I had roughly the same experience as Cnc. Officer came, identified the serial tag based on my pre-filled form, signed it and offered me his business card and a handshake, and was gone.

JPas914

I just checked, my title is still active and has not been rescinded. So as long as you did the paperwork right, you should be good to go. We’ll have to have a little Goblin meet up with Capt Frank if everything goes well.

jaredthenav

Well I called the Pensacola office today and they received my paperwork but it is sitting "on hold" awaiting word from Tallahassee. The lady couldn't/wouldn't elaborate more. They'll call me when they hear something. So if Florida doesn't want my money, Montana here I come!

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Well I called the Pensacola office today and they received my paperwork but it is sitting "on hold" awaiting word from Tallahassee. The lady couldn't/wouldn't elaborate more. They'll call me when they hear something. So if Florida doesn't want my money, Montana here I come!
Does not sound good. You paperwork is likely heading to the same people that turned me down.