All FL owners and future owners !!!!!

jaredthenav

Well I spoke to the inspector today and his answer seems to mirror some of the others. Tallahassee said that DFKitcar needs to register with the NHTSA in order for him to even be able to inspect it. I tried pressing him and he went straight to the "don't shoot the messenger" defense. I probably should have asked for a contact up the chain at Tallahassee, but since others have gone down this road to no avail, I'm taking my "No" from Florida and looking forward to a "Yes" from Montana. I'll be working on some paperwork this weekend! Hoping that I can get it taken care of in time to potentially join the Mountain View event next month!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
So drive it... they are quick and nimble. You can out run anyone! Hahaha
So are your orders effective before or after that baby comes into the world? He/she will have an opportunity to learn a second language more easily. Make the most of this overseas assignment and definitely experience the Japanese culture. I know my time in Japan has some very enjoyable memories - especially the hike to the top of Mt. Fuji for the sunrise. :cool:

Orion24

Thinking about ordering a kit…. Live in Florida…. Maybe I’m missing something but if a sand rail or subs buggy can register why can’t a goblin?
What I’m getting at here is if a dune buggy and or sand rail register as a tube frame vehicle (minus body panels) why can’t we do that in a goblin and then install the panels after you get the tag/title/registration? Maybe I’m missing something…

also is there a walk through with the Montana thing? Or where to start?

Ross

Goblin Guru
The search feature is your friend, but knowing the key words helps... Check the "Search titles only" as I know the thread title has this in it.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Thinking about ordering a kit…. Live in Florida…. Maybe I’m missing something but if a sand rail or subs buggy can register why can’t a goblin?
What I’m getting at here is if a dune buggy and or sand rail register as a tube frame vehicle (minus body panels) why can’t we do that in a goblin and then install the panels after you get the tag/title/registration? Maybe I’m missing something…

What part of Florida do you live

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I have been in SWFL for ten years now and have yet to see a single Sand-rail on the road?

Orion24

Has anyone tried the sand rail route? Goodness I’ll title mine as a beetle like they do to get it on the road

jayrolls

I am going the Montana route as well.

Orion24

I understand…. I’m in L.E. So truthfully I might be able to get more answered but again I might not…. Im
Going to try the Florida route but if not Montana. I’ll keep you guys posted

jayrolls

I understand…. I’m in L.E. So truthfully I might be able to get more answered but again I might not…. Im
Going to try the Florida route but if not Montana. I’ll keep you guys posted
Good luck. I think once I have my Montana registration that I am going to try to get it transferred in FL. I really want my Gator plates.

jaredthenav

I presume you've read through this thread. It's all going to come down to your inspector. If they call to Tallahassee for guidance, you're probably screwed. But if they just push it through, you'll probably get tags. I tried to give my money to FL and now it'll go to Montana. I'll be following jayrolls if you are able to transfer the registration to FL.