Amplifier wiring

Andy

I am trimming down the dash wiring. My SS/SC car has an amplifier/ pioneer sound system. Can i just cut and trace all of those wires from the 2 amplifier connectors back to the plugs and remove them? As always thanks for all of the help.

Andy

Also I have a unknown plug in the dash wiring harness here is a picture. It has 3 wires coming out of it white, grey, and black. Car is a 2005 SS/SC. When I pulled the dash wiring I think this one was loose nothing attached to it.

Attachments

PG5

It looks like my fog lamp connector. Does one of the wires happen to tap a wire coming from the gauge cluster?

Also the hazard and trunk release have similar plugs. I think the trunk release is only two wires tho.

Andy

I cut the trunk release out and the dimmer too both only have 2 wires. The hazard has 4 wires. This one has 3 wires my best guess is a air bag warning light since it is in a similar area of the harness/ dash. My car was moded with a head unit and there was no airbag indicator light on my car. The plug does not look the same as the one from video 9 though. I bought a manual to see if I can trace the wire, but it is not here yet. If anyone has a complete diagram I would be I interested in it for a 2005 SS/SC bas model.

Andy

Thanks there is a black plug in there with 3 wires that looks similar. Plug color and wire colors look different. Thanks for the pin outs I might be able to trace the wires back to the main plug and use those to find out what it is.

PG5

Oh I forgot to mention that if you click on info for each picture I've got a note of what the plug is.

Andy

Thanks PG5, the pin outs helped . I traced the wires out and the 2 connectors I have are linked. I already took out the dimmer and the trunk release. The 2 linked connectors are for the hazard system. One is a 3 wire the other is a 4 wire. The hazard switch I have had 4 pin connectors. I am going to draw out the circuit maybe that will help

Andy

If anyone runs into the above issue with a extra plug the 3 pin is the hazard switch and the 4 pin is the supercharger boost guage.

SliderR1

I am trimming down the dash wiring. My SS/SC car has an amplifier/ pioneer sound system. Can i just cut and trace all of those wires from the 2 amplifier connectors back to the plugs and remove them? As always thanks for all of the help.
Did anyone ever answer this question for you? I'm in the same situation...assuming these aren't necessary...