AN Brake Lines for Remote Reservoir

askiles

Goblin Guru
Hey guys! I just wanted to share what I ended up doing with the hoses between the master cylinder and the remote reservoir. Originally I used Tygon but it started to permeate through the hose. No bueno. I also just couldn’t get a great seal for pressure bleeding. It would drip slightly at one of the hose barbs. Sooooo, I switched out the fittings for 1/8” MPT x 4AN 90’s, and ran actual 4AN PTFE brake hoses. Way overkill, but I won’t have to worry about it leaking any more. Anyways! Enjoy.

Attachments

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Andy, can you tell us what length the two brake lines were used to go from the master cylinder to the reservoir?

Peregrinus

Where did u buy everything from? I'd love to grab black line like that but all I see on jegs is 15" in black sadly

They do have 20" silver I'll probably just grab, but man black would be nice

Last edited:

askiles

Goblin Guru
Where did u buy everything from? I'd love to grab black line like that but all I see on jegs is 15" in black sadly

They do have 20" silver I'll probably just grab, but man black would be nice
I ended up getting all the lines and fittings I needed from a local performance shop in Gilbert. I just went in and looked at their big wall of pre-made hoses and fittings and grabbed what I needed. Well worth it in my opinion. Now I never have to worry about it again.

askiles

Goblin Guru
Andy, do you have photos of the hoses and fittings you used? May help some of the other builders to follow your lead. :D
I do not. I wish I would have grabbed pics back then. I believe they were straight AN brake lines, about 18” long. Then the elbow fittings that connected to the master and then were AN on the other side.