Andrew's Extended Track Goblin - 08 SS/TC

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I have a borescope coming.
if it’s the transmission, I should be able to see fluid though the inspection port, right?
correct. I used one to find my problem. Rented it from AutoZone. Remember you will angle the camera back towards the drivers side to see the slave cylinder

ATMironov

correct. I used one to find my problem. Rented it from AutoZone. Remember you will angle the camera back towards the drivers side to see the slave cylinder
I haven’t put hydraulic fluid in my clutch line yet. Is it possible the throw out bearing need some pressure to set?

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I haven’t put hydraulic fluid in my clutch line yet. Is it possible the throw out bearing need some pressure to set?
No. There is a O-ring that goes behind the throw out bearing. Mine was deformed from being in the box so I used a bit of silicone to make sure it didn’t move while I was installing the throwout bearing

ATMironov

Well it finally happened.
Kit #280 has been on it's first drive!

The first drive was actually three days of testing at Laguna Seca and I'm pretty happy with the results.

After replacing the rear main seal, I was crunched for time to get ready so I just zeroed out the tow and didn't mess with camber or caster.
I ran out of time to mount the passenger seat and opted for minimal body work to facilitate ease of working on the car.

I spent Friday evening and most of the day Saturday preforming basic testing and troubleshooting. Laguna Seca has a pretty nice set of ring roads to dive on for the shakedown.
It took me a while to track it down, but I had a bad factory connector to one of my MAP sensors. I was able to cut out the connector and got the code to clear.
Sunday I was able to put in a fair number of laps on track.
Although far from the limits of the car, I'm pleased with the first outing.
The AIM dash wasn't displaying RPMs correctly, so really had no idea where to shift. Watching some videos back and looking at speeds, I was defiantly short shifting.

Known problems:
1. Clutch Position Sensor - My solution for the CPPS is throwing a code and will keep the car from starting
2. Throttle Position Sensor - A couple time I got a TPPS error putting the car into Limp Mode
3. Power steering doesn't work - I didn't even try to diagnose this
4. High IAT. I think I finally got all the air out of the wet side of the intercooler, but I need to get a fan or a scoop (or both) on the radiator to bring the water temps down.
5. AIM Dash not displaying RPMs

I'll be back out in December (assuming no rain) and hopefully will have the following done:
1. ZZP remote tune
2. Fix pedal sensors
3. Intercooler radiators fan
4. Fix AIM dash RPM issue
5. Bench test ABS
6. Mount remaining body work
7. Connect sway bars
8. Full alignment and corner balance

I'm using an AIM smarty cam, and do have video of every single time the car start to move, but here is just one video of a few shakedown laps.
I'll re-position the camera next time so its below the rear view mirror.

_GBM6139.jpg
_GBM5021.jpg
_GBM4995.jpg
_GBM4455.jpg
_GBM4389.jpg

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru

The first drive was actually three days of testing at Laguna Seca and I'm pretty happy with the results.

After replacing the rear main seal, I was crunched for time to get ready so I just zeroed out the tow and didn't mess with camber or caster.
I ran out of time to mount the passenger seat and opted for minimal body work to facilitate ease of working on the car.

I spent Friday evening and most of the day Saturday preforming basic testing and troubleshooting. Laguna Seca has a pretty nice set of ring roads to dive on for the shakedown.
It took me a while to track it down, but I had a bad factory connector to one of my MAP sensors. I was able to cut out the connector and got the code to clear.
Sunday I was able to put in a fair number of laps on track.
Although far from the limits of the car, I'm pleased with the first outing.
The AIM dash wasn't displaying RPMs correctly, so really had no idea where to shift. Watching some videos back and looking at speeds, I was defiantly short shifting.

Known problems:
1. Clutch Position Sensor - My solution for the CPPS is throwing a code and will keep the car from starting
2. Throttle Position Sensor - A couple time I got a TPPS error putting the car into Limp Mode
3. Power steering doesn't work - I didn't even try to diagnose this
4. High IAT. I think I finally got all the air out of the wet side of the intercooler, but I need to get a fan or a scoop (or both) on the radiator to bring the water temps down.
5. AIM Dash not displaying RPMs

I'll be back out in December (assuming no rain) and hopefully will have the following done:
1. ZZP remote tune
2. Fix pedal sensors
3. Intercooler radiators fan
4. Fix AIM dash RPM issue
5. Bench test ABS
6. Mount remaining body work
7. Connect sway bars
8. Full alignment and corner balance

I'm using an AIM smarty cam, and do have video of every single time the car start to move, but here is just one video of a few shakedown laps.
I'll re-position the camera next time so its below the rear view mirror.

View attachment 43364View attachment 43363View attachment 43362View attachment 43361View attachment 43360
:cool: Sooo Cool! BEST DAY EVAH!

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru

I happened to look and thought, Wow, That's Too Fast! Then I noticed KPH, Even after MPH correction I thought that was too fast for your admitted level of completion and prep. Not that I wouldn't have stuck my foot in it too!;) Can't wait for more vidz!(big envy!)