Andrew's track ext 06 SS build #151 OHIO REGISTERED

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Question: What wheels/sizes did you go with? That combination looks fantastic!
from the tires and wheels post, not sure if I had it in the build log https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/tires-and-wheels-list-updated-on-3-25-2020.959/
QUOTE="Vwsaabvt, post: 31670, member: 1144"]
Goblin Builder: Andrew
Chassis Number: 151
Frame Type / Color: Extended Track/Dragons Blood
Donor Year / Engine: 2006 LSJ
Wheel Make / Model: XXR 530
Front Wheel - Size / Offset / Bolt Pattern: 16x8.25 0 Offset 4x100
Rear Wheel - Size / Offset / Bolt Pattern: 17x9.75 25 Offset 4x100
Tire Make / Model: Toyo Proxes R1R
Front Tire Size: 225/45 16
Rear Tire Size: 275/40 17
Seat Make / Model: Braum Elite R
[/QUOTE]

PyroGuy923

How close you to inspection/registration? Hope to have mine in the next few weeks and nervous it won’t pass.

Any idea if the following are required?
  • Engine Cover
  • Fenders
  • Windshield Wiper
  • Bumpers

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
The inspector from Findlay I talked to said safety glass windshield and wiper are required. From what I've read, the factory 5 Ohio guys say bumpers are hit or miss depending one the inspector. I doubt an engine cover is necessary haven't found anything in the ORC but it seems pretty vague. Most of the euipments sections seem to be about lighting or brakes.

windshield sections 4513.24 and 4513.26

I'm close but the last 10% of work seems to take 90% of the time and I haven't dedicated much of that at all to my projects in the last year. I've been watching and waiting for someone else to go first, but I'm prepared to go the Montana route when the time comes.

PyroGuy923

The inspector from Findlay I talked to said safety glass windshield and wiper are required. From what I've read, the factory 5 Ohio guys say bumpers are hit or miss depending one the inspector. I doubt an engine cover is necessary haven't found anything in the ORC but it seems pretty vague. Most of the euipments sections seem to be about lighting or brakes.

windshield sections 4513.24 and 4513.26

I'm close but the last 10% of work seems to take 90% of the time and I haven't dedicated much of that at all to my projects in the last year. I've been watching and waiting for someone else to go first, but I'm prepared to go the Montana route when the time comes.
Safety glass and windshield wiper were the first topic of discussion when they started my inspection. I walked away for 45 minutes while they made some phone calls called me back and we started testing turn signals, horn, etc. then gave me my VIN. So either they decided the plexiglass was fine or I didn't actually need a windshield. All I know is I didn't ask because they were passing me.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Safety glass and windshield wiper were the first topic of discussion when they started my inspection. I walked away for 45 minutes while they made some phone calls called me back and we started testing turn signals, horn, etc. then gave me my VIN. So either they decided the plexiglass was fine or I didn't actually need a windshield. All I know is I didn't ask because they were passing me.
Awesome, South I will go :D hopefully this year too. Not much left to do, have to wire up gauge button panels, mirrors, and tail lights. Mount bcm, kick plate, side panels, and passenger seat. Alignment, dyno tune, and clean 1.5 years of dust off it.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Does anyone have the paper that came with the early model button panel kit? Mine disappeared sometime over the last year.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Almost there
Looks good! If your car runs erratic at speed try and spin your air intake counter clockwise until it is behind the drivers seat. I had mine up were you have yours then read on someone's thread that with it out there, it freaks the MAP sensor out from buffeting air.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
I love the look of your car.

What do you think of your seats? I believe they're the same base seat as the ones I have (no-namers off Amazon/eBay) and I LOVE mine.
For the little bit that I have sat in them I like them, I think Braum, Chiper, ebay, and a few others are all the same seat. The racequip harness on the other hand is a little awkward, the submarine strap is adjusted at the attachment point, so that is under the seat, and the hip strap adjustment sits right at the recline lever for the seat so hopefully that doesn't become a problem.

Attachments

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
For the little bit that I have sat in them I like them, I think Braum, Chiper, ebay, and a few others are all the same seat. The racequip harness on the other hand is a little awkward, the submarine strap is adjusted at the attachment point, so that is under the seat, and the hip strap adjustment sits right at the recline lever for the seat so hopefully that doesn't become a problem.
Yep, I have the exact same issues, but they haven't bothered me at all yet.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Got most everything finished up last night, borrowed a trailer from someone and towed it to a car show today. Had fun, there was quite a bit of interest in it even though the average age seemed to be north of 65.

Since I had the trailer a brought the car home finally and put its first miles on it. Alignment feel pretty good, my steering is pretty heavy, so I need to see if I have power at the power steering motor. Don't want to get on it too much yet with the 2.9 pulley and stock tune and injectors, but it feels pretty quick.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Failed Ohio inspection today at the Troy inspection statiin, but not too bad. I need to get a windshield wiper and a rear bumper. Also need a license plate light for inspection, I didn't have one on yet because I don't have a plate.