Andrew's track ext 06 SS build #151 OHIO REGISTERED

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Put in my order last week for frame 151, so here is my build thread.

Found my donor in Cincinatti and picked it up for 2k. Drove it home over 2 hours with no problems. Started stripping it a week later since I had so much interest in parts from it. I sold around 1k in parts the first weekend and am still going, currently at $650 in my donor now.

I have no more than 5 hours into it so far, my wife is into it too, she helped with pulling the dash out. She has been putting up with me working every night on side jobs to save up enough to get step 1 and most of step 2.

Have to strip the dash and get started on wiring next. The wiring doesn't bother me too much, I have built probably over 20 police cars in the last 5 years.

Right now the hardest decision I have for the build is picking colors.

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
Congrats! Looks like my SS SC donor. Is it a 2006? Nice that you have the space, and already have a lift(s)!

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Congrats! Looks like my SS SC donor. Is it a 2006? Nice that you have the space, and already have a lift(s)!
Yes 2006. I'm fortunate enough to have the whole garage to myself at work and am allowed to use it whenever I need. My garage at home is packed full of beekeeping stuff right now.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Welcome. Looks like you have a lot of work completed and are well on your way with the donor parts. Picking a color can be tough and getting your wife's opinion will be needed to ensure continued buy-in on the project. ;)

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I could how picking the color would be hard; so many choices. Fortunately for us it was easy and it’s our go-to color for about everything.

Your frame should be ready soon also if its #151.

Good luck on the build.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Went down and picked almost everything up last weekend. Ended up spending about $900 to rent a truck, buy gas, food, and 2 nights in hotels for my wife and I (she didn't drive at all).

Left Thursday night and drove about 6 hours to Whitehouse TN then a 10 hour drive Friday to Red Oak. Picked up my frame and parts Saturday morning then drove to 12 hours toKnoxville and stayed at a friends house. Got home late Sunday night after sitting in traffic on I75 which seemed to take all day.

After all that driving I didnt feel like unloading at my shop so my frame is on the front porch for now . I guess now that I have almost everything I should start getting some stuff prepped since I put everything off until now.
0805191250.jpg
0804192254a.jpg0804192254.jpg

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
For those of you that used 3m vhb what number we're you using, just a quick look and there are a bunch of different vhb numbers.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Went down and picked almost everything up last weekend. Ended up spending about $900 to rent a truck, buy gas, food, and 2 nights in hotels for my wife and I (she didn't drive at all).

Left Thursday night and drove about 6 hours to Whitehouse TN then a 10 hour drive Friday to Red Oak. Picked up my frame and parts Saturday morning then drove to 12 hours toKnoxville and stayed at a friends house. Got home late Sunday night after sitting in traffic on I75 which seemed to take all day.

After all that driving I didnt feel like unloading at my shop so my frame is on the front porch for now . I guess now that I have almost everything I should start getting some stuff prepped since I put everything off until now.View attachment 9598View attachment 9599View attachment 9600
Nice color on the frame, the dark red is a very classic color.
BTW, beware of them porch pirates!!!

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
For those of you that used 3m vhb what number we're you using, just a quick look and there are a bunch of different vhb numbers.
Company I work for builds small trailers through 53ft custom trailers, we use 3M VHB CV62F. It's what I used on my floor of the goblin.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
the last picture is how it sits in the corner. I've just been buying parts and piling boxes around it. Still waiting on my front control arms and rear brakes from DF. Hoping to get the last of my parts on ZZPs black friday. Just need shorty header, clutch, and probably going to get a rebuild supercharger snout from Jeff Reiland. Still need wheels too.

I got most of our Beekeeping stuff moved in the garage and put away for winter at home so I can finally get started on the harness.

KSLunsfo

I know this discussion goes back to August, I'm curious about the tape pn number you're referencing (3M VHB CV62F). Sorry if it's a dumb question, I haven't began build (or tear down for that matter), I'm assuming you're using this along with the rivets just as an anti-vibration seal? Also, in the event of being caught in a downpour, are there enough paths for water to drain out relatively quick or is it going to just slosh around your feet?

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Here is the tape I used for my panels 3M Vhb There is a bunch of different widths and lengths listed.

For drainage just leave a small gap at the corners and you will be fine.