Andrew's track ext 06 SS build #151 OHIO REGISTERED

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Little bit at a time, waiting on some gaskets and thermostat.

On the front brakes are the old videos still current? I think I'm missing the front brake hardware unless something has changed, I did search for the upright brackets forever until I realised they were now steel brackets and not the old style aluminum ones.

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
Little bit at a time, waiting on some gaskets and thermostat.

On the front brakes are the old videos still current? I think I'm missing the front brake hardware unless something has changed, I did search for the upright brackets forever until I realised they were now steel brackets and not the old style aluminum ones.
You already identified the main change. Other than that, if your hubs have an electrical connector that interfers with the DF parts, your can get a 3D printed hub bearing cap from DF.

The rubber brake line now is longer, and no longer has a steel line on the swing arm. It goes from the brake caliper to the main frame all in one rubber line.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
You already identified the main change. Other than that, if your hubs have an electrical connector that interfers with the DF parts, your can get a 3D printed hub bearing cap from DF.
View attachment 11398
The rubber brake line now is longer, and no longer has a steel line on the swing arm. It goes from the brake caliper to the main frame all in one rubber line.
View attachment 11399
I bought new non abs hubs and stainless lines, guess I'll call df Monday for the hardware.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Got my ottp control arm bushings all installed today. I hope to get my supercharger painted and bolted on by the end of the week then the engine can come off the stand and have its first meeting with the new transmission and clutch.

Attachments

Murcielago311

True, I ordered the flat cap from DF.
I did too, but looking for an excuse to replace rusty but functional wheel hubs, ha.

Andrew the control arm bushings look super solid. Got me wishing I would have upgraded. One of the jobs on the list I haven't tackled yet.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Got my engine and transmission mated, new flywheel, gmpp clutch kit, new f35. I found a hose for the dual pass that works perfect (just have to cut off one inch), its a heater core hose off a police interceptor utility. if anyone is interested I can get a part number later.

Subframe and some other partswill hopefully be ready to pick up from the powdercoaters Friday. Just have to finish the last wiring video and everything can go in

Attachments

RouteAbel

Got my ottp control arm bushings all installed today. I hope to get my supercharger painted and bolted on by the end of the week then the engine can come off the stand and have its first meeting with the new transmission and clutch.
Were the bushing difficult to install? Do you need a press or special tools?

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
I'm interested if it's not too much trouble.
Engine looks fantastic.
Motorcraft DB5Z18472B
comes in a pair when you buy them, a little expensive just to use one of the hoses. There may be a cheaper alternative, I used it because I had it on a parts car at work, but it does look like it belongs on it.