Anks329 - Extended City - '07 LS - #190 REGISTERED

Ross

Goblin Guru
The BCM runs the lights. I would have to look it up in the wiring diagrams, but here is the link for my 06 LSJ. Probably the same as your 07, but if you have a wiring diagram, follow that.

Anks329

Thanks both Ark and Ross. I'll do some digging into those wiring diagrams to get the lights working :)

Anks329

Gauge button panel in place. And thanks to lksohm I’ve got my taillights wired up. The headlights and turn signals on the mirrors are also working.

I’m waiting on the exhaust gasket, and then a longer test drive before I get it registered this Friday!

Anks329

Thanks all. I almost wasn't able to get registered today. I started off the day with a trip to the DOL to get a transit permit, which went pretty easily. Then called and got insurance all set up for the year. But then when I got back home and I started the car for a test drive, I noticed that I was leaking transmission fluid all over my garage. I found, a cut in my transmission loop:

So, cut off the other end of the hose:

And after two different auto stores, built a new transmission loop for myself

And then was finally off to the weight scale. The Goblin was dwarfed by all the trucks there. It's a good thing I went the shack first and asked about the process. If I had just followed the truck in front, I would have gotten a free car wash from wheel wash at the start of the scales!!

And back off to the DOL to get plates. Special shoutout to @k.rollin and his recent post with his picture of his registration and plates. I showed that the clerk at the office, and they were able to replicate the registration in my profile. Saved a ton of time for them to figure out how to so this correctly as this was the first time they did anything like this at that specific office. And then off to drive without worries of the cops pulling me over. :)

And @Ark :D don't worry, I'm "done" Still need to get the hood, side panels, windshield, painting the calipers, tuning the car, converting to a digital dash... the list doesn't end :)

At the end of the day, the kid's excitement, the adult's grins made it all worth it! And plus, I think I the drive convinced my friend to build his own Goblin this winter.

Anks329

So, I've been having fun driving around yesterday. But it looks like the engine is throttling up when in park. When I'm in drive or reverse, I've got no issues with it at all.

Here's the fault log from my OBD2 reader:

Current Fault Log
------------------
P0054: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0101: Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance Problem
P0113: Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input
P0449: Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit - No Evap, so this doesn't matter.

Pending Fault Log
------------------
B2AAA: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0036: HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
P0102: Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input
P0300: Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0443: Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit - No Evap
P0452: Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input - No Evap

In reading through other posts, I'm thinking I have a leak in a vacuum line? I'm planning to change the spark plugs tonight and see if that makes a difference in any way. I have no clue when they were last changed, but the engine has ~130k miles on it. The other thing might be a bad/dirty MAF sensor? It was sitting in my garage for almost 6 months from when I took it out of the donor and then reinstalled it in the Goblin.

Any other suggestions on things to look at?

Jcas

So, I've been having fun driving around yesterday. But it looks like the engine is throttling up when in park. When I'm in drive or reverse, I've got no issues with it at all.

Here's the fault log from my OBD2 reader:

Current Fault Log
------------------
P0054: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0449: Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit - No Evap, so this doesn't matter.

Pending Fault Log
------------------
P0443: Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit - No Evap
P0452: Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input - No Evap

In reading through other posts, I'm thinking I have a leak in a vacuum line? I'm planning to change the spark plugs tonight and see if that makes a difference in any way. I have no clue when they were last changed, but the engine has ~130k miles on it. The other thing might be a bad/dirty MAF sensor? It was sitting in my garage for almost 6 months from when I took it out of the donor and then reinstalled it in the Goblin.

Any other suggestions on things to look at?
Check the 10a fuse labeled EXH next to the crank relay in the main fuse box

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
These are important:

P0101 and P0102 are both related to you MAF (right after the air filter). You may be disconnected or it may be bad.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Are you sure your MAF is facing the correct direction? There is a very specific direction of air flow across them.

Anks329

Ok, fuse looks fine, but will swap it out at home. Here’s how my MAF is set up, did I do this correctly?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Yep, I bet your tune was waaaayyyy off.

Not real crazy about the placement of the brass hose barb. Although it probably doesn't extend very far in, I just wouldn't want to mess with a good stream of air flow to the MAF.

The MAF also contains the intake air temp sensor which may be why you were getting the P0113 also.

If it's not measuring the proper amount of airflow, then it may be running really lean, which a high idle is a tell tale sign of a lean idle (at least for ATVs and other engines). That may also contribute to the misfires????

If you ran if for very long, you might consider disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours to 1)Erase the codes 2)Clear the LTFT (Long Term Fuel Trims) because if it was probably trying like crazy to correct for the bad MAF readings and may be way out. If you do, it still may run a little weird until it re-calculates the LTFT, so don't be surprised. But at least you would be starting with a clean sheet.

Let us know how it responds to turning it around.

Anks329

thank you everyone for the quick replies! Gotta love the help here

I flipped it around and cleared the codes. I’m having a high rpm when idling at stops signs and red lights, but that might from the long term fuel trim? I’ll try unplugging the battery tonight and test it tomorrow. Here’s the MAF setup with a plug on the barb:

and here are the new codes:

Current Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no current faults

Pending Fault Log
------------------
P0443: Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit
P0449: Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit
P0452: Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input
P0507: Idle Control System RPM Higher Than Expected