Anks329 - Extended City - '07 LS - #190 REGISTERED

Anks329

You might want to support your rear axles. Not good for them to dangle like that.
Thanks. I stuck some bed risers under to support them for now. I've been working the last few nights on small stuff, getting the coolant hoses connected, the brake vacuum line and fuse box wired up - made sure all those bolts are tightened down well after reading Ark's issues on his thread. Tonight I'll get the fuel pump, fuel filter and lines in place. Then need to get the overflow tank and coolant into the system. Aiming for a first start over the weekend! *Fingers crossed* it all works!

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Thanks. I stuck some bed risers under to support them for now. I've been working the last few nights on small stuff, getting the coolant hoses connected, the brake vacuum line and fuse box wired up - made sure all those bolts are tightened down well after reading Ark's issues on his thread. Tonight I'll get the fuel pump, fuel filter and lines in place. Then need to get the overflow tank and coolant into the system. Aiming for a first start over the weekend! *Fingers crossed* it all works!
Hey!! I'm famous!!! =)

Anks329

Hey!! I'm famous!!! =)
Absolutely!! The struggles that you've been going through... It's gotta be hard to keep plugging away at it and get it running. But I'm sure when it is up and running the car will be awesome.

Goblin Guru
Actually it's not hard at all now. The forum helped me get most of it figured pretty fast. Just gotta get my ignition issue figured out, yet.

If you do have trouble, don't let yourself get too down. Most things are going to get resolved fairly fast with the experts around here.

Anks329

@Anks329 you can check electrical aspect (throttle response and cranking) even without gas and coolant.
Thanks Yustas. I haven't been able to get the main battery wire onto the starter yet. I'm able to see well enough under the car. I'm sure I can jump it another way, but holding off on that.

Anks329

I took a break from actual work to do some car work this afternoon. Got the starter wire and battery hooked up. Unfortunately, car isn’t starting. It’s got the security light on the dash, does that mean I need to do the key relearn process for 30 minutes? I tried starting that process, but the security light never went off. Should I track 10 minutes on it, or wait for the light to go off?

Goblin Guru
Key to on position for a full 10 minutes, security light should go out.

Key to off, count 5 seconds.

Key to on for 10 minutes, security light should go out.

Key to off, count 5 seconds.

Key to on for 10 minutes, security light should go out.

Key to off, count 5 seconds, key to on, try to crank.

Anks329

I reset the bcm dash connectors, rechecked my grounds, and rechecked all the fuses in the fuse box. One was loose so I wasn’t fully turning on the car till now. I still have the security lockout, I didn’t have a chance to relearn the key yet; soldering the radiator wire and some other wires took too long last night. But, good news, my bcm is reading zero miles! So the 89 bucks for odo pro was worth it!

Goal for today - key relearn process.

Anks329

It’s looking more like a real car with a steering wheel and lights!

I think I blew a fuse when wiring up the passenger turn lights, it doesn’t flash when I turn on the switch. Any pointers on which fuse to reset?

Thanks!

Anks329

I don't have the button wired up, so can't check the hazard lights yet. But from this site: https://fusesdiagram.com/chevrolet/fuses-and-relay-chevrolet-cobalt.html it appears that there is a 10A fuse (PRK LAMP Fuse) for the Body Control Module (BCM), License Lamps, Marker Lamps, Park/Turn/DRL Signal Lamps, Tail/Stop and Turn Signal Lamps. So I need to test that. I'm focused on getting enough done first to test drive :) Ideally, next weekend I can try it. So, I spent some time on the rear suspension. Almost got one side done, will hopefully finish that up tonight.

Also, got the oil changed out; ugly black old oil replaced with nice clean oil. I need to either top off or change the transmission fluid. I hadn't tightened down the transmission loop the other day for the first start so lost some transmission fluid. Saw some posts that the transmission drain plug is close to the subframe? So will try to get it out.