Anyone know where i can get Cobalt wiring diagrams?

Oldchevyguy

I'm trying to thin the wiring harness. The movies move really fast and dont contain all the information needed, particularly if your car is not equipped like the base model depicted. I'm a retired auto mechanic and shop owner. I use to pay a lot of money for Alldata and Mitchell on demand. Sadly my subscription has expired. I cant find much on the internet about Cobalts. Does anyone know where I can buy good diagrams?

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I'm trying to thin the wiring harness. The movies move really fast and dont contain all the information needed, particularly if your car is not equipped like the base model depicted. I'm a retired auto mechanic and shop owner. I use to pay a lot of money for Alldata and Mitchell on demand. Sadly my subscription has expired. I cant find much on the internet about Cobalts. Does anyone know where I can buy good diagrams?
Alldata diy.

SwerveMonkey

Take a look at @BAR-AIR notes, may be all you need.
Agreed! Bar-Air took impecable notes!
I am using them myself to confirm the map I am making as well... [Draw.iO Link]
be warned it is still under construction at the time of posting, I am constantly working toward completion
My Donor is a base model LS - PZEV version, not a lot of frills and will be missing some connections that are required for forced induction setups

There is also the connectors database built by user: [bradr]
The spreadsheet he has is wonderful for finding the names and part numbers for missing or unidentified connectors

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I have the Haynes manual that has about 50 pages of wiring diagrams. Let me know if you need any thing else.

Anks329

Check your local public library, they might have access to the Chilton manuals. These manuals have a ton of information for the cobalt.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I have the Chilton book, too. :)
I can scan the pages you need. Maybe I should scan them all and send to Adam to keep in a sticky. Adam?

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
So after comparing the Haynes and Chilton books, they have the exact same diagrams. Duh.
I sent a copy to Adam to post if he desires.
If you would like a copy before then, PM me.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Which car/engine do you have? I have a subscription for my 2006 SS SC with AllDataDIY, which sometimes is too simplistic. AllData (without the DIY at the end) is suppose to be much better than DIY, but more expensive...but you already have used them, so you know.

Oldchevyguy

Which car/engine do you have? I have a subscription for my 2006 SS SC with AllDataDIY, which sometimes is too simplistic. AllData (without the DIY at the end) is suppose to be much better than DIY, but more expensive...but you already have used them, so you know.
Yes I have. I have had alldata and Mitchell on demand. I used to pay $180/month for mitchell. I'm retired now and my shop is closed so that's that!

jamesm

Goblin Guru
The online Chilton Library has good wiring diagrams. There are several places to get it for free. If you need help finding access, DM me. I still have a couple links that work.