anyone replace the SS flex lines? will not stop leaking

ColoradoCryptoTrader

which part here isnt working? thinking the fittings on the flex hoses are bad. always leaking where the hard lines connect to flex.

i cannot get mine to seal properly. have tried at least 20 times each.

what is everyone else doing here?

Sparvy

Where the hard brake lines connect to flex with flare fittings and are attached with the brake line clips
I has to tighten them till I thought they were going to strip/break. That is after trying what others said worked for them; tighten, loosen, tighten just a little bit more, rinse and repeat. I think the theory behind it is to slowly form the two surfaces together to make a good seal.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
What are you talking about? Not sure where hard lines connect to flex lines.
Current kits come with stainless steel flex lines that go from the front calipers to the hard lines coming out of the front tee. I believe this differs from earlier kit versions.

I've tightened and loosened several times, but I don't have the rears installed yet so I'm anxiously waiting to see how many leaks I have.

Dsteinhorst

The bleeders on my calipers were the same way. Loosen and tighten several times over a few days and it'll seal up.

ColoradoCryptoTrader

I finally got my flare fittings to seal up, had to line them up perfectly and cranked them down harder than I figured was smart to do. flare wrench really helped here