Are these wires needed? Help

jFritzies

I have a plug labeled “battery” that was near the 50amp fuse that’s removed near the end of the last thinning video. It has two wires that run to the light grey BCM connector. A white and light grey wire. Do I remove this plug and the wires?

Also there’s a orange and black wire that runs close to the battery plug that I’m not sure about either. It also comes out to the BCM plug. Here’s pictures of it also

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I'm at the office at the moment, so I can't confirm 100%, but I think the connector is for the battery current sensor (if so, keep it) and the orange wire with the black trace runs to the dash for the ACC switch (was for foglights in the donor).

jFritzies

I'm at the office at the moment, so I can't confirm 100%, but I think the connector is for the battery current sensor (if so, keep it) and the orange wire with the black trace runs to the dash for the ACC switch (was for foglights in the donor).
Thanks. I just don’t know if I should route the wires back to the BCM and leave them there or just not touch them

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
The orange with a black stripe is for the rear compartment ajar sensor. Pin 55

Joebob

Goblin Guru
You should keep the current sensor plug. What I did was take one of the 6ft ground extensions that starts need the BCM and used it to ground the current sensor plug and made the other wires fit. it gets routed up near the battery and horn so I partially wrapped it up with that bundle with the front lights. There should be extra that I will play with or remove once I have my frame.

jFritzies

You should keep the current sensor plug. What I did was take one of the 6ft ground extensions that starts need the BCM and used it to ground the current sensor plug and made the other wires fit. it gets routed up near the battery and horn so I partially wrapped it up with that bundle with the front lights. There should be extra that I will play with or remove once I have my frame.
This was a LOT of help. Thank you for the response, I’m gonna do the same