Ark's City Goblin #187 (2008 SS/TC donor)

pisco

Being that I am rounding the final bend in terms of both registration and insurance, I needed to get the Goblin back down on all-fours and get it looking like a finished car, again. So I went and retrieved my hood over my lunch break, threw the footwell cover back on, and threw the hood on. When it's not raining here, I'll take it outside for a new round of "finished pics" (I will need one from each of the four sides for insurance), but I did snag a few more in the garage.

I am probably not going to pursue an audio solution for some time yet. Maybe in the spring or summer. I need a break.

New headlights with the hood on:
View attachment 21070

New wing:
View attachment 21071

New quick-release wheel (I LOVE IT):
View attachment 21072
Which quick release and hub adapter did you go with?

Fozda

Goblin Guru
I feel like I overpaid for the adapter.
Quick release I picked up was the srk-400
That wheel looks great in your car and I bet it feels even better.
Which hub adapter did you get? Ark got the adapter to go from the DF supplied spline adapter but some folks like myself are getting the NRG hub adapter that goes straight from spline shaft to wheel/quick release.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Also should note that the cheap hub adapter I got needed slight modification to work with the DF-supplied spline adapter. I had to drill out the three holes slightly larger to take the bolts supplied with DF's adapter.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Also should note that the cheap hub adapter I got needed slight modification to work with the DF-supplied spline adapter. I had to drill out the three holes slightly larger to take the bolts supplied with DF's adapter.
I have the same adapter but I also milled a slot for the horn wires in the DF hub.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
It's a beautiful, sunny spring day here, just south of Lancaster, PA, and I am still a week or so out from receiving my Montana plate/registration. I received @SACTX 's shifter upgrade and wanted to get it installed today. I did so, and it's a sizable upgrade. It'll take some getting used to (hard to tell whether I'm about to shift into 1st or 3rd, for example), but it works GREAT and it's 100x better than the stock shifter. I may need to tweak it some more, getting into 5th isn't super easy, but we'll see. Painting the base plate didn't work out too well, so I'm going to take it back out and get it blasted and powder-coated sometime soon.

20210327_140407.jpg

As @JBINTX would say, Goblin on friends!

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
It's a beautiful, sunny spring day here, just south of Lancaster, PA, and I am still a week or so out from receiving my Montana plate/registration. I received @SACTX 's shifter upgrade and wanted to get it installed today. I did so, and it's a sizable upgrade. It'll take some getting used to (hard to tell whether I'm about to shift into 1st or 3rd, for example), but it works GREAT and it's 100x better than the stock shifter. I may need to tweak it some more, getting into 5th isn't super easy, but we'll see. Painting the base plate didn't work out too well, so I'm going to take it back out and get it blasted and powder-coated sometime soon.

View attachment 22223

As @JBINTX would say, Goblin on friends!
Jeremy: You got a great build there. Now to enjoy it with the good weather!!!!! :)

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
It doesn’t take long to get use to it.

It’s left up, a little pressure left down, for 1 and 2. Then the awesome part is kind of a flip back up for 3. With the auto center, it’s an easy shift. Then, little flip down for 4. Then..........hunt for 5th gear like the stock one. :rolleyes: Reverse is a little tricky, but not really. A hard quick flip right and down pops it right in. :cool:

I painted mine, but I used a scuff pad on my die grinder to “scuff“ the aluminum so the paint would stick. Some steel wool or fine grit sandpaper will work, too. Anything to scuff up the smooth surface.

adding a stiff leg from the tunnel top to the frame will really make everything solid.

Attachments