Ark's City Goblin #187 (2008 SS/TC donor)

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Just had my first almost stalker'ish experience.

I was down to a quarter tank of gas, so I went over to a convenience store and pumped some gas. I saw a guy eyeballing the Goblin (not a new thing obviously). When I was done pumping, I got in, started it up, and ordered some grub on the McD's mobile app. I chose Curbside because, well, the Goblin is a bit short for the drive-thru window, and the same guy I had seen at the gas station pulled up behind where I was parked and blocked me in. He got out and started asking me a million questions about the car. I was friendly with him, etc. but after 5 minutes of sitting there with my food, I wished him a good weekend. He seemed to get a little annoyed that I wanted to get rolling, so he hopped back in his truck and laid some rubber on his way out.

Hoping not to meet too many over-the-top types while out in this car.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Just had my first almost stalker'ish experience.

I was down to a quarter tank of gas, so I went over to a convenience store and pumped some gas. I saw a guy eyeballing the Goblin (not a new thing obviously). When I was done pumping, I got in, started it up, and ordered some grub on the McD's mobile app. I chose Curbside because, well, the Goblin is a bit short for the drive-thru window, and the same guy I had seen at the gas station pulled up behind where I was parked and blocked me in. He got out and started asking me a million questions about the car. I was friendly with him, etc. but after 5 minutes of sitting there with my food, I wished him a good weekend. He seemed to get a little annoyed that I wanted to get rolling, so he hopped back in his truck and laid some rubber on his way out.

Hoping not to meet too many over-the-top types while out in this car.
Could have at least offered him a cold fry.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Yeah, that's a little unnerving when people do that.
For situations like that, I was thinking of having a card to hand them with the DF Kitcar's site info on it. Just so it doesn't seem like your blowing them off because they get some info to where they can drool, gawk and get questions answered. Like I did.

GoblinGal, would DF Kitcar be interested in creating a template with whatever pertinent info you think fits. Anyone interested in having them on hand could download and print some out. Then be able to hand it out to interested people or when cornered and need to go. Like a "Get out of Jail, Free" card.
Just an idea for those awkward situations.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
#1 rule of goblin:

never stop for gas. Gat a gas can, fill it, bring it home and top off. Gas stops take an hour minimum.

im as friendly as possible, but dang, I gotta go.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Alternatively, drive with a helmet. Leave it on while fueling. If they insist on trying to initiate conversation and you're not having it, point at your head and yell, "earplugs". They usually understand in my experience, between the Goblin and all the old dudes who get excited about my Triumph.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I live in a small town, so most (including cops) are use to it. BUT, the best gas station for us is Bucess (look it up) and it’s a major stop with out of town‘ers. There’s 100 pumps, so you would think I can find a quiet spot, but not really.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I had a guy with my first goblin find me 2 separate times when I was out driving and kept asking me over and over if he could take it for a spin. I told him I would give him a ride to shut him up but he just kept persisting. Really started to bother me so I took off and lost him. Never seen him again after that.

There is some weird people out there....
Nuker-

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ya. Let me hand a total stranger the keys to my hand build custom car for a joy ride. What could go wrong here?o_O

I have had all kinds of oddball questions, but never anything like that.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
My plan is to always be nice and polite and converse with people that want to know more about the Goblin. This experience just caught me a bit off guard...getting parked in (pinned) and forced to continue chatting isn't a scenario I had imagined. Hopefully that was a first AND last time.

JPas914

My plan is to always be nice and polite and converse with people that want to know more about the Goblin. This experience just caught me a bit off guard...getting parked in (pinned) and forced to continue chatting isn't a scenario I had imagined. Hopefully that was a first AND last time.
It won't be. I stopped pulling into parking spaces because I hate getting blocked in and can't see what's going on behind me. I've had someone try to block me into a spot while I was backing out, and then when he tried getting out to talk to me his truck would start rolling away...because his dumbass left it running and in drive (facepalm)....it took him 3 tries to figure it out :D. And he didn't understand that my reverse lights meant I was trying to back out of the spot and leave.