Ark's City Goblin #187 (2008 SS/TC donor)

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Just saw the yaw rate sensor question answered in another thread. This forum is a treasure trove of information ... YES, it gets cut out.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I did not, but, all that was still connected to it was a pair of data wires, so out they came.
Okay, I took the "yaw rate sensor" as a joke.
I don't have a car sensor for when I am drifting.
Are you guys talking about the weight sensor that determines if a passenger is present? Wouldn't that be a pitch sensor, not yaw?

Goblin Guru
Nope, not a joke. There was a little unidentified black box plugged in and mounted on the floor, under my SS/TC's passenger seat, with a GM part number on it. I don't have the part number now, but I Google'd it while taking apart the donor and found out it was a yaw rate sensor.

My LSJ donor didn't have one, so I think it's a LNF thing.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
There is one in my c5 under the passenger seat. I'm surprised they put one in the cobalt being front wheel drive.

Last edited:

Goblin Guru
I bought some cheap-ass racing seats off eBay. They're not too bad, to be honest ... and they're cheap enough that if I end up not liking them, I'll upgrade later. Gotta watch the budget, you know? I've already gone a bit beyond where I wanted to be, since I ended up replacing a bunch of stuff that was supposed to come from one of my donors.

20191023_135314.jpg
20191023_135326.jpg

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Cheap seats to start with is a good thing, since you will want to sit in them for a while to see if your butt goes numb or they don't fit quite right. As you said, at some point you may find the perfect seat and then spend the money for those.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Indeed. I am just hoping they match up to the DF brackets reasonably well.
The df brackets are for side mounts. I bought a set of these that should work for bottom mount style seats. I don't have seats yet, but the brackets do fit my frame.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Do the front hooks fit into the floor slots? Hard to see in the photos. Looks like some spacers may be needed to bolt up to the mounting holes in the chassis, but looks like the holes in the brackets line up ok. Do they line up with the bolt holes in the bottom of your seats or will you have make new holes?

ccannx

Goblin Guru
I drilled the brackets off the stock sliders and bolted them to my sliders. Only issue is that you need to have the slider sitting on top of the front bar or the seat will just collapse into the floor. The seat bracket pictured doesn't look like it will sit on top of the front bar but would slide under it with no problem the whole sha-bang needs to do both I think. The rear also looks like it will not make contact with the DF rear bolt holes because of the bar going across making contact with the sub-belt bar going from the front to the rear.